21: Tamaki Amajiki - The Card

A special little Valentines Day treat with the Big Three's kitten, Tamaki Amajiki!

Quirk: Telekinesis

 "Do you really think I should get him a card? I mean, won't he get all flustered and awkward, and not accept it?" I said to Nejire as we were walking around the Kiyashi Ward shopping mall.

"Of course he'll accept it! C'mon it'd be great and I know you secretly want to! It's just a card after all," she teased, nudging my arm.

"I-I don't know Nejire, I feel like it'd just be awkward and tense," I said, shrugging. It was true I had an interest in the quiet kitten of the Big Three, and had done for a while, but I would never admit it to him frankly because I was terrified of his reaction.

"So? Listen there's a cool card shop just up here, lets go and get you one for him!" She said excitedly, taking my hand and running (practically dragging) me to the shop. All of the Valentines Day cards seemed too cheesy, but after a lot of begging from Nejire, I finally bought a plain white one with the words 'To My Valentine' on the front, above a sweet sketch of a rose. I was actually quite happy with it, as it was quite tasteful.

"Oh my goodness you have to admit your feelings to him now! It'd be so cute, when you hand him the card you ask him out for ice cream! That would be so adorable, sharing an ice cream sundae together-,"

"Whoa whoa whoa, first it's just a card and now you want us to go on a date and share ice cream? He'd never agree to that, and I'd rather not ruin our friendship. I think getting this card is enough to make him hide away from me for a few days, thank you very much," I said, putting my foot down on what I had planned. She simply shrugged before excitedly running off to the nearest clothes store, dragging me along with her.

- Timeskip (Valentines Day) -

I had just finished getting ready for school and was now staring at the sealed card which sat on my desk. I was still unsure on whether I should give it him in the first place as thoughts about his possible reaction whirled around in my mind. It had almost reached the time where I had to leave if I wanted to be in class on time, so I finally took the card and roughly shoved it into my bag, running out of my room and out of the dorms.

Most people were already in class by the time I arrived, including the Big Three. Nejire immediately ran up to me and pulled me into a hug, wishing me a happy Valentines Day which made me chuckle. I was about to approach Amajiki and Togata, but our teacher came in and interrupted, ordering us all to our seats.

Throughout the entirety of first period I wondered how I was going to give Amajiki his card. I didn't want to do it in a public place as I knew he'd get too flustered, then probably run off and hide. I wondered about how I could get him on his own without anyone noticing us and realising what I was doing. I also wondered for a while if I should do it at all, but after liking him for so long I was craving to know his feelings about me.

It reached lunch and the Big Three and I were sitting on a table together, Nejire opposite me and Amajiki next to me. Nejire kept on sending me glances with confident nods, and the unsuspecting Amajiki and Togata were talking without noticing. I was seconds away from asking Amajiki if I could have a word in private, however a girl carrying a large box approached us and placed it on our table. The four of us looked up at her curiously, but she only had her eyes on Amajiki who shifted uncomfortably next to me.

"Hey Amajiki, I wanted to wish you a happy Valentines Day," she said in a sickly sweet voice. I recognised her as a girl from the support course, and her confidence levels were high. Togata, Nejire and I remained silent whilst Amajiki sounded as though he had swallowed a cat. He was stuttering uncontrollably, apparently unsure on what to say. Seeing her give him such a big present, and seeing the effect she had on him made my self-consciousness grow. Nejire glanced at me, with a very rare sadness in her eyes.