15: Mezo Shoji - The Box of Chocolates

This is a Valentines Day special with one of the most under appreciated characters in My Hero Academia! Enjoy!

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

 Valentines Day was approaching fast, and once again I had nobody to celebrate it with. There was one person I wish I could celebrate it with however, and currently both Ochaco and Mina were sat with me in the dorm common room attempting to peer pressure me into buying him something for the occasion. "No guys, I'm not going to do it!" I said for the twentieth time.

"It doesn't have to be super cringey, you could get him something nice!" Mina whined, slumping back in her chair. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, just go simple and get him a box of chocolates!" Ochaco said excitedly.

"And a cute stuffed bear holding onto a love heart!" Mina squealed and I rolled my eyes.

"You think that isn't cringey?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Okay, fine," Mina huffed. "How about instead of giving him something, you actually spend all day flirting with him! I mean he can't be that dense, can he?"

I blushed bright red and Mina's suggestion but thankfully Ochaco stepped in. "I think it's best for (y/n) to do something a little more subtle, even if he is a little dense. It won't put too much worry on you, then," she said with a smile, and I nodded my head. "And plus, if you were to get him a box of chocolates and a card to go with it, you don't have to sign the card with your name, you could just say 'happy Valentines Day' and leave it at that, then he'll just think he has a secret admirer and you won't be exposed... even though I think you really do have a chance with him," she added.

"That's actually a good idea... to remain anonymous I mean... and I do not have a chance with him," I said timidly and both girls shook their heads, tutting under their breath.

"I still think you ought to go with the flirting thing personally," Mina said, but again I rolled my eyes.

"If I do the anonymous card thing, will you guys get off my back about the whole situation? I like him, a lot, but I don't want to ruin our friendship, he's so lovely after all..." I mumbled, unable to stop thinking about the dupli-armed boy.

"Aww, you're blushing! And fine, yes we will," Ochaco agreed.

"What? I didn't agree to this!" Mina whined. I knew how much she loved to tease me about it so it did admittedly make me chuckle. Suddenly the lift doors opened, and out walked Shoji, making our conversation stop dead as we all awkwardly looked at him.

"Erm... yes?" He asked, glancing between the three of us.

"S-sorry, you just startled us, that's all," I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head and looking away from him quickly, refusing to look at the girls' smirks.

"Right, well see you all later," he said politely, waving as he left.

"Such awkward timing," I mumbled under my breath once he had gone, the other two girls unable to stop laughing. "So - er - how am I going to go about this?"

"Well, we've got a few days before the day, so lets go out the three of us and get you a card and some chocolates!" Mina said, standing up suddenly.

"And then on the day, if you get up early you can run into school and place them in his shoe locker, then hide and wait until he finds them!" Ochaco added and I nodded.

"Okay... sounds like a solid plan... I guess," I mumbled, the two girls then taking me to my room to grab my coat and bag, then dragging me into town ready for our search of Valentines Day presents.