13: Dabi - Reunited

Apologies to Dabi! I completely forgot about his birthday on the 18/01, so this is a dedicated oneshot to the villain we all love in belated celebration!

Quirk: Memory

 Toya and I had been together for a while now, loving each others company and it was fair to say I was head over heels for him. Everyone around us said how much of a sweet couple we were, especially his sister who loved seeing us together. He'd treat me like a queen, showing me off to people (which made me blush immensely), protecting me and buying me sweet single red roses to match his hair. I was more happier then I thought I could ever be, however of course all of that had to change.

He had seemed a little off recently, but not too much for me to question it. He'd still hug and kiss me, maybe a little more then he would usually do but I thought perhaps it was the stress of the upcoming exams, which was fair enough as they were quite important. Suddenly however, one day changed everything.

He hadn't come into school that day and he hadn't told me why. I tried messaging him but he hadn't responded which I thought was quite odd. 'Perhaps he's sick?' I thought to myself. 'But he didn't know any sign of sickness when he was at school yesterday... I'll just go over to his, see if he's okay,' so after school I did just that. Skipping up the steps of his apartment block, I reached his front door and my stomach dropped at what I saw. Taped to the door was a small note that read 'I'm sorry (y/n). I love you.'

I spent a fair few minutes frantically banging his front door, shouting out his name repeatedly. There was, of course, no answer, and I couldn't hear anything when my ear was pressed against the door.

Immediately I called Fuyumi, hysterically asking her if my boyfriend was there. She told me 'no,' and began to get worried herself, so I ran over to the Todoroki household. I was hoping more then anything for him to be there somewhere in the big house but he was absolutely nowhere. I broke down, crying desperately in a ball on the floor, Fuyumi hugging me tightly and Toya's two younger brothers wondering what was going on. Fuyumi called her father who came to the household immediately, phoning the police as he did so. The police questioned us all, searched his apartment and found no trace whatsoever of him. Crying a river I was hunched in a corner, Fuyumi holding onto me tightly.

Never in a million years did I think Toya would just up and leave like this. The police were looking into all sorts of enquiries; kidnapping, running away, even murder. When they suggested this I couldn't help but scream out in pain, still unable to comprehend what had happened. Where had he disappeared to, and why?

I often thought back to that day, and the harsh years of heartache that followed. In fact, I still felt heartache for Toya as he has been the only person I have ever truly loved, and that incident was six years ago. Since then I had graduated school and gotten a new boyfriend whom I was living with. I was working in a simple gift shop but I probably could've put my quirk to better use, however my boyfriend didn't let me have ambitions. In fact, he was quite abusive and controlling, me only being someone he could show off to his mates but use as a punching bag behind closed doors.

I was walking back to his apartment that he'd made me move into after a shift at the shop before I realised the time. If I didn't get home in eight minutes, he would smack me for not following his rules. I was fifteen minutes away from his apartment though, unless I was to take some of the back alleys which I never liked doing. Desperately wanting to avoid a beating however, I turned down a dimly lit one, walking rather quickly. I felt as though I was being watched, so I sped up a little, slightly regretting my choice. It was then that I ran straight into something, or someone.