29. Bitterness🦋

Start from the beginning

The next news made my heart tremble even more vigorously.

"And recently we got information that they celebrated their after Christmas date at a hotel, where they stayed overnight in a single room."

My knees weakened badly. I started to feel dizzy as my mind filled with clouds. My blood flowed backwards to my lungs, which terribly caused my bewildered head, nearly explode.

No more cover-ups, all different kinds of conclusive evidence were displayed properly, for the world to witness. At the same time, many pictures, just the two of us, showed an unbelievable intimateness. I could recognize some specific moments of the pictures where Rose and Oli were also present with us. But whoever took those photos, they only framed Ron and me, very carefully. There were also some convincing pictures when Ron and I fell into that shallow river from our camping time.

Ron was pulling me into the river, to him smilingly.

Ron lifted me up in his arms gleefully.

I was hugging Ron with a smiling face with a cherry expression on my face.

I was so astonished at a point that I couldn't even understand how to react.

An angry, piercing cry burst out from my throat. I lifted my hand up and threw the bunch of keys which I was still holding in my palms, to the TV screen. The glowing screen cracked and scattered on the carpeted floor.

"Liza!" Mom looked at me with a horrified expression. Dad looked at me with a pale face, as if someone sucked the last drop of blood from his face. I looked back and forth between mom and dad, then I hastily rushed upstairs.

"Liza! Wait ...." Mom cried out, which I completely ignored. I entered my room frustrated and slammed the door closed. I harshly threw the backpack, god knew where and frantically dug the phone out from my pocket . I quickly dialled a familiar number.

RING....RING....RIN.

My call was received before the third ring could finish.

"Liza!" Ron whispered my name with a soothing tone. I never felt so relieved in my whole life, like I instantly felt that critical time when I heard his familiar gentle voice.

"What is that all about?" I barked him between my gritted teeth.

"What is what?" He cross-questioned me.

"My front yard is covered by reporters, and they are talking shit about you and me." I ran my trembling fingers through my hair and gripped them hard with frustration.

"What are you talking about?" He seemed clueless as fuck.

"That's what I am asking you!" I yelled furiously at him through the phone.

"Hurry up and open your tv. You will figure out what I am saying." I aggressively used my full sarcasm tone.

"I have no idea, what are you talking about!" He sounded helpless. "But please, give me some time to find out the whole matter." He pleaded, "Please."

"I don't care what you have to do," I told him between my rushed breaths.

"Just make those vultures disappear from my sight."

"Ok." He released a relieved sigh. I threw the phone on my bed hopelessly and slowly slid down at the end of my bed, on the floor. I tiredly buried my head between my knees and tried to gather up all of my thoughts.

The door of my room creaked open.

"Mom, I don't want to talk right now, Please," I said solemnly without looking at mom. I can hear mom slowly approaching me and carefully putting down something just near my feet. I peeked a little from the crack of my knees to see my dinner was placed in front of me. After I had started working late, everyone ate their dinner before me. I slowly trailed up my sunken eyes at the familiar hand which was holding the plate.