Chapter 3

(Amelia)

As I was tossing and turning in bed, I was awoken by a throbbing pain through out my whole body, I slowly opened my eyes to find out that I was alone in a king size bed, 'our' bed. I slowly tried to get up, but with much difficulty I finally stood up. Walking towards the bathroom, slightly grunting out because of the pain, once I reached the bathroom I went straight to the shower, not bothering to see how I look, because I know I look like a 'dead' person walking.

As I was standing under the shower, the memories of what happened flooded my mind, causing me to break down, the water burning my skin where I was whipped.

Once I was finished in the shower, I got out and wrapped a towel around me, but wanting to know all the new bruises on me, I dropped the towel and stood in front of the mirror, just staring at myself, the bruises weren't a shock anymore and wouldn't catch my eye like they used too, but what caught my eye was the letters 'AB' marked on my skin, by my left hip in front.

I stared at it for a long time until I felt arms wrap around me, bringing me back to reality.

There stood Alexander staring at me through the mirror, looking at his 'initials' on my body, "beautiful isn't it", he whispered in my ear. I just stood there quietly not wanting to say something that could possibly anger him even more."Lets go and eat, my love, you looking really skinny nowadays", he said while dragging me out of the bathroom, towards the closet to get me some clothes.

I put on a black pants and a cream jersey with white shoes. Once I was dressed, we went downstairs to go and eat. When we arrived downstairs everyone was there, his friends and there girlfriends, Alexander would sometimes host breakfast somedays when his friends came over, as I reached the bottom, I started to make my way next to Alexander, my seat was 'always' next to his. When I was seated in front of the table, a maid came and put a whole lot of different kinds of food on the table.

I wasn't exactly that hungry, so I took a small piece of a pancake and put syrup on it. As I was about to take a bite of my food, 'James', one of Alex's friends asked 'how was I', I looked up to see everyone looking at me, "I'm fine", I said with a bit of attitude, it wasn't like they never 'knew' I was here 'against' my own will, but I didn't mean for it to sound so 'rude' .

This didn't go unnoticed by Alex, as his hand traveled up my leg, to my inner thigh and squeezed it, a little bit. He then spoke in a 'clipped tone', "if I hadn't known better, I think you've probably forgotten your place here", I looked up at him and said 'I'm sorry', hoping he'll leave it at that, I then turned my attention to the rest of the table, only to notice that everyone was busy with there own conversations.

The rest of breakfast had gone by quickly and everyone started to make there way out, as I was about to step out too, Alex took ahold of the back of my neck in a tight grip and turned me around, bringing his head down, he connected our lips in a 'punishing' kiss, we kissed until we were both out of breathe and wanting oxygen, we parted ways and he said, "if you ever try to 'run' away from me 'again', I will make your life hell".