Chapter 1

(Amelia)

As I was running, the walls seemed to be narrowing in on me, the hallways seemed to get longer as my tired legs tried to get me as far away as possible, from the house I once lived in. It was a cold night and it was raining hard, my dress had gotten heavier from all the rain but I tried my best not to slip and fall because I knew if I were to slip it would be over for me. I couldn't even stop to catch me breath as I knew they would be 'looking' for me. Noise echoed in the far distance but they were getting louder, dogs barking sending the owners my location of where I was. As I was getting closer to my freedom, it was short lived, as there they stood, 'his' other 'dogs' that obeyed 'his' every command by the gate. Tall, buff men stood there holding guns pointed at me, making me come to a halt.

'clap'clap'clap'

The sounds of 'his' clapping and shoes crunching on the fallen leaves had me on edge, it wasn't like this was my first attempt to escape that made me scared, it was me trying 'it' again even though he told me not to or else he'll do worse than what he did to me the first time, it was that, that had me scared. I had once again failed and now I had to face the consequences. And that was way scarier than anything else I had tried to do, it was a nightmare. And my nightmare was named 'Alexander Black' the famous billionaire who got anything he wanted, the cruel and merciless person that everyone feared yet respected, but to me he was my 'downfall'. He was 6'5 and had a body full of muscles, nice and toned, he could knock me out for days if he wanted with that much muscle he had, he had the most striking grey eyes that could make you crawl away in fear, dark brown hair, nice and short on the sides, his walk was one of sophistication and he carried himself like a 'gentleman' should, but he was anything like that.

"Oh my 'dear' Amelia, you never learn do you",he whispered into my ear sending cold waves down my spine. Tears were already threatening to fall, as he wrapped his strong arm around my waist, "looks like you'll need 'another' lesson", "please no Alexander, let me go, I won't tell anyone, please just set me free", I was practically yelling those words out, sob after sob. "No Amelia, how many times must I remind you, that you belong to me, you have belonged to me since I saw you, you are 'Mine', and I have no intention of letting you go, so stop with all this bullshit and learn to accept your fate, with me, my love", he said with a clipped tone, by the end of his speaking, I was full on crying. I couldn't live like this anymore, I needed to get away from him, he has kidnapped me and held me hostage for over a year now. I wonder how my family was, were they looking for me or did they just forget about me, my best friend too. As he got tired standing there, he told the guards to 'grab me'."I'll never be yours ever, you a cold heartless monster", I spat in his face, the look in his eyes turned to 'anger' and I was slowly wishing I never said that, the next thing I know is that I'm on the floor with a stinging feeling on my left cheek. 'He slapped me'. He stooped down to my level, bringing his hand close to my face, I flinched away thinking his going to hit me again, but only to move a piece of my hair that had fallen and put it behind my ear.

"You going to wish you never said anything, my love".