22. how did it happen?

3 days later

"Baby K hurry the fuck up!" I heard K yell from downstairs. I was fixing my hair, trying to get it perfect. Usually I didn't care if it wasn't quite right, but I knew I was getting filmed today, so I wanted to look nice.

Today, I was getting interviewed. I still wasn't sure by who, but I knew it had to do with me being a part of Kells' crew. I tried to shake off my nerves, but the closer I got to leaving the house, the higher it rose. I wanted to make a good first impression, and try to be sober, but when I saw K's dab pen sitting on the nightstand, I couldn't resist myself. Weed was one of the only things that made my anxiety calm down, so I didn't have much of a choice. If I wasn't high for this, I would be a shaking nightmare.

I grabbed the pen, and a pair of red converse, then made my way downstairs. I took a long hit from the pen, holding it in my lungs until I couldn't anymore before letting it out. K saw, and he started chuckling as he threw his arm over my shoulder, leading me out of the house. "You're definitely my girlfriend." He said nonchalantly.

"What makes you say that?" I looked up at him, a bit confused.

"You get high all the fucking time." He laughed a little. One we got to the car, he stopped me. "I wasn't supposed to come inside, but now I definitely am. You tend to say things you normally wouldn't when you get high, so just be aware of what you are saying alright?" He looked at me serious.

"I was supposed to do this alone? Jesus fuck." I looked at him wide eyed. There was no way I would have been able to do this without him, or at the very least, Ash. He had a point about me being high, but his judgement wasn't fair, because the only time I spilled was if I talking to him. Still, I was glad he was coming to moderate.

"You won't be alone. I promise." He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

~

K drove to a building in downtown LA. I honestly had no idea where we were, so I was happy to have him with me. I didn't know if I was gonna get murdered or not, but I trusted Kells, so I put all my blind faith in him.

He led me upstairs, but he made sure not to touch me more than he would touch a friend. It was obvious to me that he was consciously aware there were cameras, and that potentially, whoever was interviewing me would see this and use it to "expose" Kells and I.

"Just so you know, he's going to ask if we are dating. I can't tell him not to ask that, so just tell him no. If he keeps on, then ill step in and tell him to stop. If you don't want to answer a question but you don't want to sound rude, tap your hand on your knee 3 times." He told me in the elevator.

"Okay, thank you. Any other advice?" I asked as I looked over at him.

"Take a deep breath, and if you feel nervous, smoke. They don't care if you do." He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. "You're going to do great Baby K."

K led me into one of the offices in the building. It wasn't so much as an office as it was a tv studio. There were lights, makeup, lots of cameras, and even a teleprompter. Everything was so professional, I thought this was going to be some dude behind a camera asking me questions. I tensed up at the sight of everything, and I didn't have the luxury of Colsons touch to help calm me down.

Kells walked away from me, leaving me alone, looking at all the equipment. I saw him walk off and talk to someone, and a few seconds later, they were both walking towards me.

"Hi Carter, I'm Zach, I'll be the one interviewing you today. We can start whenever you are ready, but I just wanted to ask. Do you want me to call you Baby K, or Carter? Everyone a part of MGK has a nickname they use." He reached out and shook my hand. He was tall, but not as tall as K, and had dark brown hair, and brown eyes.