16. its just a dream baby

3 days later

I got home late from work, and all I wanted to do was go to bed. I was too tired to even smoke. I stepped through my front door, and let out a long sigh. Colson was in the living room, and when he heard the door open, he got up and greeted me in the hallway. "Hey, how was work?" he smiled as he kissed me, but I didn't return the gesture.

Immediately, he knew I wasn't in the mood. "Long day?" he said softly, trying his best to soothe me.

I just nodded, leaning into him and wrapping my arms around his waist. "I just want to go to bed babe." I felt him grab my ass, and I thought I was gonna have to push him off me because I wasn't in the mood for sex. Instead, he picked me up. I laid my head on his shoulder as he carried me into the bedroom.

He set me on the bed, then took my shirt and pants off. He took off his shirt, then picked me up and laid me down in bed. He laid down next to me, then covered us both up. As I felt my eyes grow heavy, he pulled me close to him and laid my head on his chest.

~

I woke up quickly, scared out of my mind. I had a nightmare, and my panic was further fueled by the fact that there was no longer a tall, tattooed man sleeping next to me. I shot up, sitting upright in my bed. I must have made a loud sound, or something, because seconds later, Kells came running into my room.

"Are you ok? What happened?" When he spoke, I lost it. Tears streamed down my face and my body sobbed, trying not have a panic attack.

I got a text from my best friend Cole, telling me he needed my help. I left school and went home. I grabbed my .45 and changed my pants so it was less visible, and threw on a hoodie over it.

I already knew what he needed help on. He was going to go pick up at least a pound of weed, and he wanted me there for back up, knowing the guys would be less likely to rob him. Also, if they did, I was a really good shot, I never missed.

I got a ride to Cole's house, and the whole time I was nervous. I didn't drive, so I had to take the bus, or rely on my friends to take me places. I arrived at his house, immediately going inside. I didn't bother knocking, he knew it was me. When I saw him, he was pacing in his living room, it was clear he was nervous. I was starting to think that we weren't just getting weed. We locked eyes as he pointed his gun at me

"Jesus fuck Cart, you scared me." he sighed and he put his gun away, back in his jeans. "We need to go now, or we'll be late. Please tell me you have a 30 clip with you." he looked at me, fear in his eyes.

I nodded and pulled out my gun, with the extended mag attached, as well as a standard clip in my pocket. Once he was satisfied, I would have enough bullets to kill everyone in sight, he grabbed his car keys and headed out the back door.

This time, he had a white beamer. Not the car you would think of a gang member to have, and it was common enough to get lost in traffic. I got in the passenger's seat, not saying anything to Cole as he drove to the pickup location. It was nice with him, I didn't have to speak, and he already knew what I was thinking. Even if we weren't dating, he was still my other half. I swear he knew me better than I knew myself. He always knew just how to make me feel happy, and he always knew when I wanted weed, stopping by my house constantly, just to pick me up and smoke, then dropping me back off at home. We had spent countless nights at each other's houses, falling asleep while watching bad movies, or getting so high we could barely speak. We had spent hours laying on each other, talking about life goals, and asking each other stupid philosophical questions.

We finally pulled up to this run down, abandoned warehouse. That was the usual when we picked up a shipment, but there was something off about this one. It was more dilapidated than the normal ones, and we were much further out of town.