1. The Concert

Carter's pov

"Fuck baby I gotta get going soon," I said as I kissed her cheek.

"do you really have to?" Kat whined "Seattle is so far, and you're going for what? To take some stupid pictures?"

I knew she didn't get my job. She could never understand how I made money taking pictures, but I love her so I took all the shit she gave me. "yes babe, and it's not just to take pictures." I didn't want to fight, so I silenced her with a kiss. "Will you be here when I get back?"

"no, I have to get up early so I don't want to hear you come in at 2 in the morning," she spoke sternly, like she was mad at me. I didn't understand why, I gave her everything. Money, clothes, gifts, but also love, and attention. She knew everything I gave her came from my job.

~

Today was the day. Jordan reached out to me a few months ago, saying he wanted a local photographer to take some pictures of his client while he was on tour. He didn't tell me who it was until after I accepted the job. I was going to be a photographer for Machine Gun Kelly's Seattle and Portland shows.

As I made the drive to Seattle, my nerves kicked in. Not about meeting MGK, I had already met him 2 years ago, but I doubt he would remember me. I was nervous about shooting a concert, as I had never done it before. I was honestly really confused why Jordan wanted to hire me, but I wasn't about to turn down the opportunity.

When I got to the Showbox, I found parking and walked up to the back entrance an hour before the doors were supposed to open. I showed security my backstage pass, then walked into the venue and set my camera bag down. A man about my height in a beanie walked up to me and smiled "hey, you must be carter... let me give you a quick run down of what's going on tonight..." Jordan continued talking, but I definitely wasn't paying attention.

During the concert

Kells was raging. At one point he climbed the rafters. I got pictures of it all, it was great. After he got down from the ceiling, he walked onto one of the amps that was off stage to interact more with the crowd. In the process of doing this, his xx necklace fell off of him, and dropped to the floor. Security was looking all over the ground for it, and I stepped in to help. After about a minute, I found it and picked it up. I saw the chain was broken, so I took off my necklace and put the ring on my hand, then put the chain through the xx and handed it to his security to give it back.

After the concert

I was ready to go home, as it was around a 2-hour drive back, so I made my way to find Jordan quickly. "Jordan! Hey!" I said to get his attention. He turned around quickly and smiled as he saw me. "Do you want these photos raw, or should I edit them and send them to you?"

"I mean im good either way, I like your style, so its reall- "he was quickly interrupted

"Jordan bro get lost," the tall blonde breathed out as he tried to catch his breath

Colsons pov

During the concert

This shit is fucking crazy. Every show I preform just gets me so fucking hype. I walked onto an amp and smashed my beer bottle on the ground. As I turned around, I felt the heavy pendant drop from my neck. Fuck, that's my double x. I pulled Ace to the side and told him what happened, and almost immediately saw dudes lookin for it. Thank fucking god.

After the concert

I walked into my dressing room and grabbed a bottle of water. I was just about to get changed when Ace opened the door. "Catch nigga," he said as he threw something at me. I instinctively put my hands up and caught the piece of metal he threw at me. I looked at the xx, then at the chain, it was different.

"Yo where this chain come from?" I gave him a questioning look

"I don't know, that photographer chick was the one that found it, it must have come from her. Car leaves in 30 man." He shrugged as he spoke, then walked out of the room.

Damn, that girl gave me her chain so that I didn't lose my necklace. I gotta find her. I knew Jordan wanted to hire some local guys for some of the shows, and I think one of them was there tonight. I ran out of my dressing room, searching the whole backstage area until I found him talking with a blonde. I was out of breath and patted Jordan on the shoulder "Jordan bro, get lost."