20. p town

4 months later

Kells pov

Today was one of our last shows on tour, and we were in Portland, where Carter lived. We only had three cities left after this; San Francisco, Oakland, and Los Angeles. After soundcheck, Rook and Slim came into my dressing room.

"Ayy man, give it to Baby K tonight," Slim nodded his head as he talked.

I wanted to wait until tour was over, and to give it her in LA at our last show. "I wanna give it to her in LA, as an end of tour gift. And keep your fuckin voice down man." I gave him a look

"Calm down she's on the bus sleeping. God knows she fucking needs it" Rook said. He was right. She couldn't sleep when the bus was moving, and we hadn't stopped in a lot of hotels, so it was good to hear that she was sleeping.

"Give it to her now while we are in her home town. It'll mean a lot more to her bro," Slim crossed his arms.

"alright alright fine, I'll do it tonight." I groaned and grabbed the box out of my pants. I opened it again and looked at the contents. "you guys really think she'll like it?" I looked up at the guys standing in front of me. It wasn't like me to get nervous, but I was nervous as hell that she wasn't gonna like it.

"Man, I already fucking told you that she's gonna love it." Slim walked over to me and looked inside the box. "You got her both?" he looked at me

"I didn't know which one she would like more, so I just got both." I shrugged.

"Don't give her that one in public though," he pointed to one of them. "People will see it and ask questions."

I nodded and put the box in my pocket. "I know man, I'll take it out before I give it to her. Now get the fuck out of here. Show starts soon and I gotta get dressed." I said as I grabbed a blunt and lit it up. The guys left, leaving me to my own devices.

~

I decided to end with Bad Things, in an attempt to set the mood for my gift to Carter. I hadn't played it at all during the tour, so I knew she would notice, but I didn't care. After the song, I got down off of the platform I was standing on, and walked to the front of the stage. I motioned for Rook to come up with me, just in case she tried to bolt.

"Alright I'm almost done, but I got one last thing I wanna do." I said into the mic. "Some of you may already know, but I got a new crew member with me on this tour, and she's actually from Portland, so I figured that her home town would be the best place to do this." I laughed a little and looked down and Carter. She was blushing and hiding her face in her hands. I walked out to the very edge of the stage. "We call her Baby K, because she's like the mini version of me. She's wild, crazy, and she takes some good ass fuckin photos." I smiled as I talked about her. I could go on and on about her, but I knew I had stop eventually. "She hasn't been on my crew for very long, but I've known her for over a year, and she's been like family from the start... and with all that being said, Baby K, would you come up here?" I crouched down and held my hand out to her.

She looked at me through her hands and shook her head quickly. "Aww come on." I said and she shook her head again. I was gonna get her up on stage whether she liked it or not. It was time for peer pressure. "Come on guys, lets get her up on stage!" I said into the mic.

"Baby K! Baby K! Baby K!" the crowd chanted. That still didn't work, so Rook jumped off the stage, and pushed her towards me. Once she was close enough, I grabbed her hand and pulled her up on stage. I walked back so we were off the edge.

I grabbed the box that I had had in my pocket for the past 4 months, and opened it. I took what I needed out of it, then put it back in my pocket. I held up her gift. It was a double x necklace, just like mine. It was diamond encrusted. "Since she's part of my crew now, its only fair that I give her what I've given the rest of them." I smiled at her.