Deep Magic

Never had I imagined Lane being soulless but as she saw blood on her arm her eyes lost all luster as she started to slightly shake.

"Are you okay?" I whispered, earning only a quick nod as she gripped my hand gently.

 Suddenly she looked so pale that I thought she might become sick but when she spoke her voice was deadly calm.

"I hate the sight of blood."

Glancing down at my own arm I couldn't help but smile as the tribal wolf howled across my forearm.

"Just close your eyes. it'll be over soon." I replied.

I could feel her discomfort from a mile away, her heartbeat sounding like a war-drum as struggled against something internally; her wolf straining as if it was being burnes alive.

However before I had time to ask her the buzzing of the machines faded into the background and I stood in front of a large wolf with eyes similar to my own.

"Alice...Your mother can't find out. It would devistate her to know that my beast was passed on to you. If you want to talk with me bring your mate and climb to Mount Rime. You'll find a temple and in it three stones....Open up the far eastern door and you will be granted access to speak with anyone you wish of this world or the next." the beast said in a voice all too familair.

"Dad?" I whispered, causing the beast to chuckle before I was sitting in the tatoo parlor once again.