Returning Home.

That night when I went to sleep in my own bed, though Lane was beside of me leaned against the headboard.

"it was nice for your mom to let me stay the night." she stated with a smile as she closed her eyes with her head against the wall.

Her hair was spiked from the wind from the back of her dirt-bike and her tanned skin flushed lightly. She sounded a bit tired but I knew that was not the case.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she chuckled.

"I pulled a muscle playing ball with Danny and my fucking idiot of a sister." she stated, though I could hear the fondness in her voice as she mentioned the younger girl. It was obvious that she really cared for the younger teen despite her aloof attitude.

"you okay?" I asked and she opened one eye to glance over at me as she answered.

"can I spend the night? My back is killing me."

I laughed at her question as I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"of course dummy." I replied teasingly as I moved over so that she could also fit on the bed with me.

"oh hush shorty." she chuckled in reply as she leaned over and kissed me softly, her amber eyes sparkling as she rested her forehead against my own.

However just then my mom walked in, stopping dead in her tracks.

"oh....uhm.....sorry I disturbed you. Just wanted to tell you that dinner was ready." She stated, sounding a little bit freaked out at the fact that she had just walked in on her daughter laying in bed, kissing another girl.

"Okay Mom! we'll be down in a minute." I replied, waiting for her to leave.

Once she left both of us started laughing softly, Lane's signature smirk returning.

"come on, we better get going then we've already gave your Momma a heart attack once tonight."