Wolf's Crest(girlXgirl)

The ball drummed the floor as she rushed down the court, her shaggy black hair clinging around her face as she rushed down the court with a kind of boyish grace that I had saw no one before hone.

“Earth to Alice…. Why are you staring at the freak for?” My best friend Tiffany asked, disapproval thick in her tone as her eyes followed mine toward the player that I had been watching so intently for over the last half hour.

“Something’s odd about her.” I stated, causing Tiffany to roll her eyes at me before huffing out

“Of course there is dumb ass, she’s a friggin dyke!”

I didn’t say anything about that but it was something besides the fact that she was gay, there was something about her that was different. The aura around her was different than most people I knew but I couldn’t explain it.

“Then stop staring at the faggot!” Tiffany ordered me and I sighed and stood up, heading toward the concession stand, just as the whistle blew to signal the end of the game.

As I walked toward the window where you can purchase everything from soda and candy to hot snacks like hotdogs and nachos. The spicy smells overwhelmed me and I purchased a basket of nachos smothered with steaming liquid cheese and hot, spicy chili. However just as I turned around I saw that the ‘school freak’ was standing by the wall, wiping sweat from her tan skin.

Then her eyes landed on mine and I noticed for the first time that they were a deep amber color, causing me to fee very exposed like they bared my soul.

It took me only a second to advert my eyes and I swear I saw her smirk as she slowly walked over to me, brushing her damp mane away from her eyes as she looked over me.

“What were you and the redhead arguing about? She stomped off like a bat out of hell after you left.” She asked as she purchased a bottle of water from the cashier.

“We weren’t arguing… she just was getting mad because I was absorbed in the game.” I answered as my heart drummed in my ears as the other girl chuckled, a deep rich sound that came from deep in her chest.

“The kind that just comes to try to get someone to fuck?” she asked as she turned back toward me, opening the water and chugging half of it before stopping.

“Kind of.” I honestly answered and she chuckled again before holding out her hand.

“The name’s Lane by the way Lane Wright.” She stated, blowing upward to knock her bangs back from her face once again.

“Alice, Alice Quinn.” I replied, shaking hands with her, surprised at how gentle her firm grip was.

“I’ll be seeing you around then Alice…I better be getting home soon before Jana starts blowing up my phone.” She stated and I briefly wondered who Jana was however before I could ask she had already turned to walk off.

What kind of name was Lane? It sounded retarded honestly Lane Wright…. Like right lane…. Like on a road.

I sighed and made my way toward where I was going to meet my mom who was picking me up from the game, though my mind was on the oddity that was Lane Wright.