Chapter 45: Gods and Devils

"So what are the Didanvdo like?" I asked as we walked along the steep hillside, having to grab Lane's  arm more than once to keep from falling.

"Regal, Godlike....um....Powerful." Lane responded before pointing toward a large cave that seemed to be blown out into the very side of the cliff face.

"They are located up there." 

She stated, causing me to sigh.

"And how do we go up there then? Unless there's some sort of helipad or something that you aren't telling me about." I retorted, causing her to smirk.

"Well...you're the alpha, you get to go up there. I am a beta, I am not." She retorted before turning toward the cave and sighing, running a hand over the smooth rock until she came to something that looked oddly like runes.

"What is that?"

 I asked and she sighed

"Kanetsv...sacred runes." She answered simply before mumbling something, causing the stones to roll away.

"you go, I'll stay out here. I don't do well around things that can summon the elements." 

I rolled my eyes at her but went on ahead, noticing that the walls were covered with all manner of the strange writing.

"Who enters here?" 

I froze at the sudden voice, looking around though I saw nothing. 

"State your name." 

I felt my hair stand on end, as if static electricity was suddenly charging the air.

"Alice Quin." I answered simply, feeling my wolf brush beneath the surface as if begging me to let it out.

"You are Lukas's daughter. Come farther in....we shall speak." 

The farther in I walked the stranger the air seemed to get as if the molecules themselves were alive. However then I froze, for there standing in front of me was a tan-skinned man who in all honesty looked as if he was not from this world for he was beautiful.

"Equa Saquu." I stated, bowing like Rune had instructed though I heard him chuckle.

"You have no idea what I am nor what you are yet you attempt to understand...you attempt to see power where there is and where there isn't. Tell me, Child, why are you here? Do you wish the revival of someone or do you want power?" 

He asked, drawing nearer and I let out an involuntary whine, his aura almost burning me as he moved within touching distance.

"I want to understand...What is this...What you are and What I am." 

I heard him hum slightly before he let out a chuckle.

"If you knew what I was you would be afraid."

he responded as he walked away.

"No I wouldn't." I responded, earning a smirk.

"That is the same thing that mate of yours said as well...and you see where she is at this moment, outside shivering like a dog."

he stated then added "Fine, get to your feet girl. If you can look upon me in my true form then I shall answer any of your questions." he responded before he began to glow almost as bright as the sun itself, then there in his place stood a great bird, electricity darting around him.

"and what of now?" 

I could barely keep myself from shaking as I looked up at his massive form, though he had a glint in his eye that wasn't quite as malevolent as I thought it was at first.

"I feel my wolf bowing....It is afraid. But I came to get answers....Great one." 

it let out a sqawl then, stretching its wings completely out to both ends of the cavern before it responded 

"Very well...But first...I must exsplain what you are...."