Confessions

The moonlight shone from between the clouds, illuminating everything and everyone, caressing their perfect complexion as it gently encircled the whole area in its soft, warm light.

“When did you guys…. Well know you were gay?” I asked softly after a while and Lane glanced at me from where she lay on the grass beside of me, a curious look shimmering in her eyes.

“I was fourteen, why do you ask?” she asked and I shrugged.

“Just wondering.”

Lane snorted at this and proper herself up on her right arm so that she could turn toward me.

“You curious?” she asked with a smirk, causing Jade to raise his eyebrow at us.

“Oh, Alice wants pussy.” He teased, earning a hard slap from his girlfriend.

“Jade shut up.” Lacey ordered, though she was obviously trying to hold back a laugh.

I felt heat climb into my face at their words though I knew that they were teasing.

“Hey, chill out. If she’s whatever she’s whatever okay?” Lane stated, her voice holding concealed anger as she spoke, her eyes flashing a bit as the words left her lips.

Why was so protective of me? Oh yeah imprint.

“Jade, do us all a favor and stop being an insufferable asshole.” Vika chuckled, before adding “it just happened. I always knew I was different but then I met a few people I fell in love with. June just happened to be the one that was also my imprint.” The vampire stated with a smile as she leaned against her girlfriends side.

“So being imprints doesn’t effect people…like turning a straight person gay?”

Everyone burst into laughter accept Lane and Danny, though Lane looked nervous.

"What the hell are you putting through her head Lane?" Sarah asked after a while however before Lane could respond Danny, who had been silent up until this point began to speak.

"Guys, lay off. It doesn't matter where she got the ideas. She's curious and I am sure that she never expected running into real life monsters." he stated, flashing a smile my way before he lay back onto the grass, his green eyes tracing patterns across the starry sky.

"Hey Alice? Want to take a walk?" Lane asked me as she got up, dusting off the back of her jeans.

"sure." I answered, just as Jade made a snide comment and earned a hard slap from Lacey.

Lane lead me toward the forest and sighed, gold eyes flickering toward me as she prepared to speak.

"Alice....I know I basically lied to you but I hope that you forgive me. I mean I know you're straight but I had this large crush on you since you started school....when I realized you where also my imprint I saw my chance." she admitted shamefully before adding "but I know you're straight."

I didn't know what to do as I heard her confessions to me, my heart deafening me as it thundered in my ears.

"Lane...I don't know what is going on with me...." I began, deciding to make my own confessions since she had been opened.