Instictive decisions.

the whole clearing was silent until we saw Maria and Danny coming into the clearing.

"Hey you two morons. Where have you two been?" Lane asked as they entered the clearing.

"She just needed some time to work through things now I am going to go teach her some things about shifting." Danny stated with a sigh as he put his arm around the girl's shoulder before leading her off.

"I wouldn't trust them alone." Vika snarled and I rolled my eyes

"shut the hell up." I stated with a sigh and Lane smirked.

"if Danny trusts her he has to have a reason for it. Just let it go okay?" Lane demanded and Vika glared at her.

"Lets go. we're done here." Vika ordered her mate however June glared at her.

"Vika, they're right. Maria's a kid. Jeez, we shouldn't condem her for that."

I could feel shock come over Lane, causing me to turn toward her.

"June?" she stated and Vika glared at her and her eyes flashed dangerously however what happened next surprised all of us.

June, the calm, silent type drew her hand back and smacked the other girl sharply across the face.

Vika's eyes grew wide at this and then she rushed off.

"you'll forgive her right?" Lane asked, concern etching her tone and June sighed and nodded.

"yeah,  but she needs to learn how to own up to her own actions before she condems someone of thiers. she's been a bitch all day to Maria.....who was just trying to be nice to everyone." June answered just as Madi produced a flower necklace that had been woven together at the stems.

"she gave this to me." the child stated, looking like she too was having confliction emotions.

"she's unsure of how to appologize." Lane answered with a sigh as she ruffled the girl's hair.