Family

Lane turned to me, her golden eyes holding pent emotions though I could feel waves of emotional agony that she felt.

"Alice....Take care of Madison, I think I should go talk to my sister....I don't think she understands why I left." she stated as she rushed out into the darkness. one part of me wanted to go after her, to protect her if Maria attacked her but I knew that perhaps I should trust Lane so I headed upstairs to Madi's bedroom, smiling slightly as I entered the room and saw the little girl curled up beneath the light pink cover with a stuffed pony clutched in her arms.

Lane's POV:

As I rushed after her I allowed my wolf to come to the surface since my sister's beast smelt a lot like rotting meat,probably due to the nature of how she came about being able to transform. Suddenly I heard the sound of her sobbing and I slowed my pace, walking toward the sound. Finding her sitting on a fallen log, tears running down her face.

"Mar? Are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her.

"I didn't mean to become this! I just wanted to find you! Why did you leave me? You didn't even say goodbye." she whimpered and I sighed.

"Maria, if you haven't noticed it I am a lesbian. mom and dad caught me with my first girlfriend Samantha and kicked me out. I didn't have a choice of telling you goodbye." I admitted, fighting tears myself.

"What? They......they told us you ran away." Maria whispered, shock and anger mixing on her face.

"They lied." was all I said as I put my arm around her, though her whole body was shaking dangerously.

"Those sons of bitches!" she snarled suddenly changing, though this time it was not the beast that I had saw once before hovering around Madi's mauled body, no this beast was a half grown tiger cub that stared at me with fear.

"Maria, I don't think you're a cursed one anymore." I stated with a snicker as she tried to walk but ended up tripping on her oversized paws.

"untransform, we need to get back and tell them what happened......and ask Vika what the hell is going on since you're the youngest otherkin ever."