epilogue

Lane sighed as she watched Jenna teach Madi how to clean a rabbit in preparation of cooking it. Madison seemed to thrive here, losing her shyness and almost always causing trouble with the rest of the children. Danny and Dinah took to being hunters while Vika and June decided to remain at the house. Rune began to train as a Runic healer while Donica acted as a story teller and artisan. Lane of course never left my side, though she was partial to playing babysitter when the rest of the pack was out or busy and of course I was the leader.

Jenna acted as my Omega, a rank just below Lane though she seemed keen to stay as far from Alpha rank as she could.

"Hey Alice, look at this! It's a letter from The young alpha of the Alpine Oaks Pack, Aleka. She is seeking advice about a human child stalking her pack."

Mica, a young dark haired girl with tan skin stated, causing me to laugh.

"A child curious of wolves or werewolves. Jeez.....This is interesting. Let me see the letter."

I nearly laughed at what it said.

"How old is this alpha?"

I asked, earning a chuckle.

"Merely sixteen cycles and barely so."

Mica answered, causing me to sigh.

"Write back and tell her to just see what the child does....Chances are she's harmless."