Overcoming a crisis...

Most of Ash's friends had left that morning.

Misty, May, Max and Tracey were at the door.
"I was glad to see you again, but now I really have to go back to the gym." the gym leader said to Ash.

"The same goes for me, I have to go back to my Pokémon Contests, I have left too much advantage to Drew." May said in turn, smiling.

"Ash!" Max exclaimed, drawing attention to himself. "Have you already decided in which region you will undertake your journey now?!"

The coach continued to look at him with an astonished air, but then darkened slightly.

"It's a secret." Dawn replied with a smile and joined them. "Ash likes to be mysterious lately, otherwise he would have started talking about it without brakes, wouldn't he?" she continued and then looked at him.

The boy was very confused by his behavior... if nothing else the confusion had made him pass the state of sadness in which he found himself.

"Ash, I wanted to tell you something." Misty said approaching her ear. "You are very lucky to have Dawn, she is an adorable girl, please try not to ruin everything as you usually do."

Having said that he moved.

Ash's gaze was somewhat perplexed. Dawn also had a strange look... she hadn't heard what Misty had said, but the fact that she had come so close to him had a strange effect...

"Hi Ash! Hi Dawn!" May greeted with her hand as they walked away.

"Hi guys! Happy return!" Dawn greeted in turn with a smile.

Once they disappeared on the horizon the coordinator turned to Ash. He noticed that he had a very strange expression...

"Is something wrong with Ash?" she asked confused.

"Huh?" he let himself go, turning to look at her.

"I don't really think you want to be mysterious." Dawn said. "Tell me the truth, what's wrong with you?"

♥ ♥ ♥

The two had sat on the bank of a river.

The coach initially hesitated, but then persuaded himself to tell her what was going on in his head.

"It's normal for you to be a little demoralized, but you have to look for the strength to react and keep fighting." Dawn said to him. "After all, that's what you taught me."

Ash said nothing at once, when the coordinator stopped talking she looked over the river.
"You're right... the last thing I wanted was to show you this way..." he murmured, looking down.

"Why? Look, you did well instead!" she exclaimed offended. "You have to let off steam, otherwise you risk going crazy."

This time the boy didn't say anything anymore putting her in serious difficulty... what could he say? That situation seemed surreal to her.

The Ash he knew was always positive, certainly he wasn't beating up for a defeat... he began to think that Ash had always hidden his true emotions so as not to worry her.