The very sad Clamperl

Ash and Dawn had decided to visit Heahea Beach before heading to the place where their next test was.

They had learned that on Heahea Beach it was possible to try their hand at the sport called Surf Mantaine, and a stand allowed them to rent fishing rods.

The boy was trying the Surf Mantaine. It was the main reason they had decided to visit the beach. After all, only recently Dawn had wanted to visit the clothing store and Ash had had to wait patiently.

To while away the time, the coordinator had decided to rent a fishing rod while waiting for him.

- YOOHOHOHUH! - exclaimed Ash performing yet another stunt on Mantaine's back.

- PIKA PIKA! - Pikachu shouted enthusiastically from his shoulder.

Dawn watched, smiling, as he and the Pokémon jumped.

- Looks like they're having a blast. - comment.

When they surfaced again she looked back at her fishing rod.

- He doesn't bite anything, what a pity. he said to himself. - Well, it doesn't matter, after all, I'm just trying to while away the time. - she added trying to deny herself the fact of being disappointed.

Soon the water at the spot where his fishing rod was was stirred. The line went out of control, catching the girl off guard. As soon as she realized it she tried to pull her, but with great effort and in the end she was dragged into the water.

- DAWN! - Ash exclaimed when he realized it.

The Pokémon that had taken the bite kept pulling, dragging Dawn across the sea.

- AAAAAH! - the friend let out with her eyes wide open.

- Keep, quick! -

The Pokémon understood immediately and went towards the girl.

The line of the line broke causing her to be alarmed, but fortunately Mantaine jumped and the coach took her friend by the hand and dragged her on board.

- Are you all right Dawn? - the worried friend asked her.

- Yes, thank you very much. - she replied with a grateful smile.

He smiled back too and helped her straighten up.

❤❤❤

Back on shore they thanked Mantaine, then the Pokémon left and the two of them looked at the horizon.

- Damn, I broke the fishing rod. - she said demoralized.

- Don't worry Dawn, it wasn't your fault. - Ash heartened her.

- Yes... and how do I explain it to you? - she added more and more demoralized, lowering her head.

- Clamperl!? Clamperl!?! -

They heard someone calling the name of a Pokémon so they turned around.

- Clamperl?! Clamperl!?! -

He was a child turning from side to side with his hands in megaphones.

The friends looked at each other conspiratorially for a moment, then went towards him.

- Clamperl!? Clamperl?! Where are you??! -

- Need help? - Dawn asked stopping together with Ash in front of him.

The boy looked at them surprised.

- Is Clamperl your Pokémon? Ash asked him.

The boy nodded his head in clear concern.

- Yes, I caught Clamperl in Melemele, he's been in my team for months, but he has a tendency to run away as soon as I let him out of the PokéBall. - He answered. - I really don't understand why you keep acting like this, we've never been able to do a real workout, I think he doesn't like me very much. -