The dawn of a new beginning

The Alola-bound ship was about to reach its destination. The passengers were mostly indoors so as to gather their luggage before disembarking.

Only Ash and Dawn were left outside. They contemplated the sea exchanging a few words. Both were eager to start a new adventure.

"We should be there in five minutes," said Dawn, not taking her eyes off the horizon. "The island where we will disembark is called Mele Mele, I wonder what it will be like." she added, smiling, searching his eyes.

"We'll soon find out." said Ash, hinting a smile and then looking back at the sea.

Dawn was very surprised by that reaction--perhaps she should have accepted his change of character, but she looked at him suspiciously as she approached to see if his face betrayed any particular emotion.

"What is it?" he asked confused noticing the little distance between them.

"I know you," said only the girl still suspicious. "I know exactly what you're thinking."

"You're too close." he commented laughing nervously, visibly, embarrassed.

Dawn did not move, however, and after a few seconds Piplup pounced on Ash using Boller.

She knocked him to the ground and did not stop attacking him.

"Ash!" exclaimed the worried girl.

Hearing the mistress' voice, the Pokémon stopped--the boy was, however, now knocked out.

"Piplup, don't you think you're going too far?" asked Dawn, not taking her eyes off the worried Ash.

A loud noise was heard, and the girl knew immediately that they were about to dock. Excitedly she went back to look at the sea. By now the island was very close to them.

"This is it!" she exclaimed.

Ash, too, recovered upon hearing the girl and leaped to his feet.

"Alola we are here!" he exclaimed equally excitedly.

Dawn gave him an affectionately charged look and went back to looking out to sea.

When the ship stopped, the rope that held it tied to a submarine also came to the surface. The submarine's shape was of a Magikarp from which Team Rocket emerged happy as a clam.

"It was worth all the pedaling!" exclaimed Jessie. "Here we are in Alola at last!"

James meanwhile untied the rope and when he finished he smiled beaming.

"Let's hurry if we want to get ahead of the bamboos!" reminded Meowth seriously.

"You're right!" said Jessie and James in chorus.

They opened the submarine door again, slinging themselves inside and then disappearing underwater.

♥ ♥ ♥

Ash contemplated the scenery while looking at the sky, while Dawn had taken a map in her hand and observed it carefully.

"First we should reach Lili Village, from there it will be easy to reach Hau'oli Periphery," she said not taking her eyes off the map. "You know, Lili's Village is the most likely place to spot the island's protective Pokémon, that's where the Temple of Conflict is."

The girl looked at Ash again.

"Are you talking about Tapu Koko?!" the trainer asked, widening his eyes and brightening up. "I have to go there now!" he exclaimed, starting to run.

The girl smiled tenderly. This was her Ash. The Ash she knew. Full of life and willing to take on a new adventure.

"Do you even know which direction you are going?!" she exclaimed after a while, chasing after him.