The Tour of the Islands

So Ash and Dawn were walking through the Hau'oli Outskirts to reach Professor Kukui's Pokémon Lab.

«We should be there soon, I can't wait to receive instructions on the Tour of the Islands!» the girl exclaimed enthusiastically.

"You really seem over the moon." the coach commented.

"We have arrived!" she exclaimed again, stopping suddenly.

Ash instinctively stopped as well and looked at the building.

"Well, who's the bravest?" she asked looking at him smiling.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"But like Ash, don't tell me you don't know!" she let out in disbelief. «Have you never heard of the legend connected to the Alola Pokémon Laboratory?»

"No..."

"Well, you must know that..."

Legend tells of a young girl who was near the Hau'oli Suburbs on a dark and stormy night. At the time, the Pokémon Lab was an old abandoned house.

When she fell exhausted in front of the door, a lady invited her to enter.

Since that moment no one has heard anything from that girl, it was not known what happened to her... moreover, even after years no trace of her was found.

"What a thrilling story!" Ash exclaimed in terror.

"Now you understand why I asked: who is the bravest?" she asked rhetorically. «It is said that whoever opens the door of that laboratory will be haunted in dreams by the ghost of that girl.»

"Stop Dawn, you're scaring me!" he exclaimed in alarm.

"I didn't know you were so afraid of ghosts." the other said stifling a giggle.

At that moment Lillie opened the door and looked at the two in amazement.

«Ash, Dawn, so you're here...» she murmured in surprise.

♥ ♥ ♥

Professor Kukui had them sit on the couch while Lillie made tea.

"So you've heard the legend attached to this laboratory?" he asked rhetorically amused.

"Tell me something, is that story true?" Ash asked curiously.

"Who knows." he answered vaguely. "But now let's talk about the Tour of the Islands, that's what you're here for, right?"

"Of course! Please tell us everything we need to know." Dawn spoke already excited.

"Very well, first of all you must know that the islands of Alola are four, the island of Mele Mele, where we are at the moment, the island of Akala, the island of Ula Ula and the island of Poni." he explained. "To complete the round you must pass all tests set by the Captains on each island."

"Who are the Captains?" the coach asked.

«They should be like the Gym Leaders, with the difference that it is not enough to defeat them in a battle.» explained the coordinator instead of the professor. "Am I right professor?" he asked, looking back at him, for confirmation.

"More or less." replied Professor Kukui. «Captains manage the tests and when the trainers pass them they reward them with a Z-Crystal.»

"What are Z-Crystals?"

"They have to look like Mega Rings for Mega Evolution, you know?" Dawn said looking at her friend.

"Of course you really know a lot about the Island Tour." commented the cheerful professor. «That's exactly right, Mega Evolution is very popular in Kalos, but here we preserve and carry on the tradition of Z-Moves, now handed down for at least seven generations.»