Chapter 39

Melaka Sultanate helped to watch over the states as they drove Mal to the hospital by ambulance. " Tok Kancil?" Melaka tugged his clothes. " Is Ayah going to be okay?" She asked with a little sniff.

" Melaka, time for bed." Negeri said as she ushered one of the youngest states to her room. She comforted the little girl that Mal would be fine.

" Tok," Kelantan greeted him with a tired smile. " Maybe you should rest."

" I've slept enough. How are you doing?" He asked as he observed the bandages that covered the young state.

" I'll be okay." Kelantan said with a small smile. " I hope he's alright."

" He has to be." Melaka Sultanate said with a sigh. " Get to bed. Children must sleep well to grow well." He said, dismissing the teenager.

Indo stumbled a bit as he quickly got dressed the moment he got the notice. He said a quick goodbye to his Fallen parents and promised to be back soon. He met up with Phileppenes along the way to Mal's room at the hospital. " I can't believe he didn't tell us, again!" Indo growled as they moved quickly.

" I know right!" Phil said. " We've all got secrets but this is going too far!"

" You lying asshole!" Singa shouted as he sprinted passed the two larger nations, surprising them with his sudden ability to run so fast. All three were huffing when they arrived at Mal's hospital room. Golden Kheroscene was staying very close to her son, stroking his head lovingly as he laid there, eyes screwed shut.

" Be silent." Langkasuka reminded them as they greeted him. Malaya smiled and waved at them as they approached. " They say he's stable for now but we're not sure what'll happen next so he has to stay here for a while."

" Oh," Phil symphathize. " Is it because of, the Rev Meg?"

" Yes." Langkasuka said softly. " It's causing him more nightmares and panic attacks as well as self doubt and a tendency to feel unsafe." Langkasuka said to them quietly.

" He's case is rather unique." Germany said as he entered the room with the doctor's notes. " Usually any form of Meg, causes the country to become more violent and vengeful. They become obsessed with power and, would do anything to get what they want. We believe the violent behavior is caused by a lot of negative emotions that fuel the country's hatred. But Mal, responds to it differently." He looked through the notes, trying to pin down a conclusion.

" But the first time he took Megs was back around 1945 or 46." Singa thought, trying to remember. " The fourteen days." Singa said in realization. " He responded normally on the fourteen days but after it ended he just, shut down for a while."

" We believe that it was perhaps around that time that he developed the immunity." Germany responded. " You see the Rev Meg is actually far more concentrated than any form of Meg so far. That small amount he took was dilute but compared to the regular stuff, he would've declared war on the first nations he saw closest to him. The rage would've lasted more than half a year" Indo and Phil looked between each nervously. " But instead of rage, he's afraid. He grew insecure and was still able to keep all this to himself. Remarkable form of immunity I'd say. It appears he feels responsible for keeping the peace and independence he has."

" I could agree with that." Langkasuka nodded. " But otherwise, it's in our blood to avoid conflict. Fights are costly and if it's not for a good cause, it's avoided." The elder man explained. " I'd like to think the boy is just holding on to this habit." He said with a simple smile.

" I'd like to think that too, Sir. He should be fine in a month or so." Germany told him with a smile. They thanked him as he left. The three countries walked over to the bed to see how Mal was doing.

" Hey, Mallie." Phil said gently. " This is getting old don't you think?"

" That's it. Oi, Malon!" Indo began as he leaned over so Mal could hear him better. " Weather you like it or not you're not doing this to us ever again. This really needs to stop, Mal."

" Yeah, I'm getting tired of seeing you like this. It makes me sick." Singa began. " Why won't you just let us help you?" Golden Kheroscene hushed them to calm down as Mal's fingers clenched the blanket. His face scrunched into a frown. " You can hear us, right?"

" Then, please." Phil continued. " Trust us when we say that you're not alone in this. We can help you, please. Please let us help you."

" I know what I did." Indo said to him in a tone he's rarely used. " I know I tried to destroy you. But don't you think I've always regretted doing that? Let us help you. I promise, no one will hurt you again. Cause you're our brother."