Chapter 24

Langkasuka couldn't help but smile when he saw Kelantan drag Patani to see the other states. He watched with content as they interacted with each other. " They look alike." Katipunan said as he stood next to Langkasuka, referring to Kelantan and Patani.

" Well, they are siblings." Langkasuka admitted.

" Siblings? Isn't she part of Thailand's land?" Britain asked him. " Also I'd like to apologise for being rude and...arrogant before. I hope we can move on from the issue." He said thoughtfully.

" ...sure..." Langkasuka took a small half step away from him. Still having a clear disliking towards the British man.

" I can see how that works." Third said appearing at Langkasuka's other side. His own land had been divided in half for a while before they finally took down the Berlin Wall. He has the scars to prove it too.

" Oh, I almost forgot." He pulled all three of them closer and glared with his orange eyes. " Tell anyone what you heard this morning, and I promise you, they won't find a shred of your body." He said in stern and quiet voice.

" You mean the purring thing?" Third asked and was silenced by his growl. " Got it. No problem." Langkasuka smiled and pulled them outside, near the balcony.

" What exactly did you bring us here for?" Britain as he nervously stayed away from the edge. Langkasuka looked around for a bit and sighed. " There's no one around." He told him, knowing what he was checking for but not knowing why he checked.

" All right." He sighed again. " This will be the last time you're hearing it."

" What?" Third asked.

" You don't have to!" Katipunan said quickly, immediately understanding what he was referring to. " I'm already good with just once."

" Trust me." Langkasuka reassured him as he started to purr quietly, it was only audible enough for the four of them to hear it. " This will be the last time the likes of you three would ever hear it." He told them. " That's a promise." They glanced between one another and decided to listen to it anyway. " Only two minutes." The elder nation warned them. They listened, their own heartbeat synchronizing with his without even knowing it. It wasn't as gentle or warm as it was earlier that morning but it was still calming either way. " I'm not sure what you see." He said gently as time was running out. " Nor do I know why it has this effect. Perhaps it's because I'm far too rooted with the past. It's where I should've been, if I hadn't been captured." The purrs ceased and all four were a bit dazed by their own daydreams and memories. " I'll...be going back inside now." He said as he walked passed them.

" Thank you." Britain said in his softest voice. There weren't many happy times in his own family. Not among the brother's personal bickering and betrayals, neither among the family he assembled. He argued with France a lot, his own children had fought against him with blood and steel for independence and he's harmed more than just a few other nations. Imperialism, what a rather delusional thing. Even if he was just following orders.

Katipunan and Third didn't need to say anything more, it was already clear on their faces. Katipunan remembered every promise he made to Perla and reminded himself to continue fulfilling them. Third needn't to think further. He regretted the millions he's slaughtered, but he wasn't in control of himself. He was lucky when he managed to regain control before he'd be forced to shoot his own son and himself.

" Mal!" Selangor called as she walked up to him with tears stinging her eyes. " Pahang is bullying me!" She said angrily.

" Selangor, I'm sorry!" Pahang tried to apologise. " I'm only teasing..."

" What did you do?" Mal asked the teenager.

" He said that she wasn't pretty at all and that the flower doesn't suit her." KL reported.

" Pahang." Mal said sternly.

" Don't be mad bossku!" Pahang begged. " Selangor, jangan macam tu. You're pretty. I admit it." ( Don't be like that.)

" No." She said as she crossed her arms. " You're lying again...I asked Tok Lang to do it for me this time because I thought that I'd look nice." She pouted and wiped a tear.

" Ah, she's crying." Terengganu said as he poked Pahang. " Shame on you, Pahang. Making a girl cry."

" Shame!" Kelantan said to him as the other states joined in and chanted the word repeatedly.

" Alright!" Pahang said out loud by accident, causing some the countries around them to look their way. With eyes on him from more than just his family there was only one thing he could do. " Selangor, you're not just pretty. You're beautiful like Puteri Walinong Sari." He said trying to give his best compliments. Seeing as she hasn't cheered up, he took a deep breath and sang to her. " Walinong layang Sari, puteri yang cantik. Datangnya dari puncak Gunung Tahan, puncak Gunung Ledang, gununglah Banang." ( Princess Walinong Sari, a beautiful princess. She came from the peaks of Gunung Tahan, the peaks of Gunung Ledang and Gunung Banang.) He forced himself to dance a bit around her, making her laugh as the other states sang along to the traditional song.

" Turunlah bermain di taman sayang. Memetik bunga-bunga, menyusun bunga-bunga. Di dalam taman." ( Come down to the darling garden. Picking flowers and rearranging them. All within the garden.) It wasn't long before she joined him in dance. Both moving gracefully and elegantly as if they were leaves dancing in the wind.