All Was Well

6 months later...

Scorpius walked into the small muggle cafe. 

Every morning, before heading to work, he would go to this cafe and order the same cup of plain, black coffee and sit on the same spot, the table for two by the window.

He sat down and laid open a copy of The Daily Prophet and started reading. He missed England more and more every day so he would read the news as a way to keep up with everything that went on there or at least that was the intention. At first, it would cheer him up, but now it only reminded him of everything he was missing, of how much he missed his friends, Hogwarts, his house and most of all the girl he left behind, he kept doing it purely because it had become a habit.

"l'habituel?" Scorpius looked up to see the short, blonde waitress that got his order every day. She was the clumsiest waitress Scorpius had ever encountered.

"Oui," Scorpius replied in his bad French. The waitress nodded and turned around, "Merci!" Scorpius added hoping she wouldn't find him rude for not thanking her, she served him every day he wouldn't want her to get a vendetta and spit in his coffee. Scorpius returned to his reading. 

An article about Harry Potter reminded him of his friend Albus. Scorpius owled his friend almost every day, Albus had even visited once but his stay was short. Similar to Scorpius, Albus was training to be an Auror and therefore had little to no time to take random trips to France every now and then. The same with  Aurora, she was studying potions and her workload was huge but she owled Scorpius at least twice a week. He couldn't say the same about Rose. His trail of thought was interrupted by a cup of coffee being placed on his paper, staining it in a perfect circle. 

"Merci," Scorpius smiled weakly at the waitress who nodded proudly. When she turned around he hastily lifted the mug and tapped the coffee circle dry with his sleeve. 

Out of the corner of his eye, Scorpius saw a small figure walking towards the cafe. He didn't make much of it and returned to his reading but as it got closer Scorpius noticed that the way the figured walked was somewhat familiar. It couldn't be... Scorpius kept staring out of the window; it was a girl. You' can't be seeing her everywhere, you've gone mad, it can't be her. The girl walked closer. When Scorpius could finally make out her facial features his heart almost stopped. He blinked several times to confirm that his eyes weren't lying to him.

Scorpius slowly rose to his feet, his eyes fixed on the window. He walked out of the cafe and into the cold, deserted street. Snow had begun falling from the sky when Rose finally got face to face with Scorpius.

"Rose... I-" Scorpius shook his head in disbelief, a fire burning in his chest.

"I love you." Rose blurted out. Scorpius's eye widened, "Wow-that just came flying out of my face like I was some kind of-oh god, I don't know what I'm saying but I-I love you. I love you Scorpius, and I'm here, I'm taking it on and admitting it. And I love you, I just, I love you all the time, just every minute of every day and I can't think about anything or anybody, I can't sleep, I can't eat and I can't breathe. I can't because you are not there and I don't want to live my life without you in it because I'm in love with you. I love you..."

Scorpius took Rose into his arms and spun her around whilst she giggled. "I love you too." And with that, he kissed her. All was well.

**

Albus finished his auror training and became a high officer at the ministry whilst Aurora became a famous potions master. They moved in together and plan to start a family. Scorpius finished his training and eventually moved back to England. Rose, with the help of Sirius and McGonagall, managed to develop her animagus and years later both of them moved on to become two of the best Professors Hogwarts ever had and the four friends lived happily ever after.

The end.