An Apology

(I uploaded the next chapter before this one, sorry for the confusion!! I'll re upload it soon)

The gang sat in the Great Hall and occupied their usual spot by the end of the Gryffindor table. Rose stared of at Scorpius who was laughing at a joke Marlene had said. She couldn't take her eyes off him, but not because she was admiring his beautiful face and perfect bone structure, but because she was too lazy to do move her gaze. She had stayed up until three am doing her rounds with Scorpius, she wondered how he could be so awake, they slept the same amount of time and Rose couldn't keep her eyes open but he was wide awake and laughing, just the thought of doing so made her tiered.

"Earth to Rose." Dominique snapped her fingers in Rose's face. "I asked you a question, dude."

Rose snapped back to reality but not quite, because the first words that escaped her mouth, her solid excuse for her distraction, were: "Sorry, it's just hard not to think about mushrooms."

They all stared at her for a moment but then burst out laughing. The noise filled her aching head and she groaned and laughed at the same time, which made and even weirder sound that caused even more laughter. She was a hazard to herself.

After the laughter had died down, Dominique repeated herself: "Have you seen Aurora?"

"I think she went to speak with her father." Rose answered, but she was lying, in fact she didn't know where Aurora was but she knew she wanted to be alone, well she didn't know that either, but she had a feeling she was right. The blue haired girl nodded.

There was a weird tension in the air ever since Lucius had been spotted, she could feel it, and you could see it lurking within the teachers and staff, and even between her friends, it was like they were all waiting for something to happen. Everyone was at the edge of their seats.

"Rose? Are you all right?" Scorpius asked placing a hand on her shoulder. Rose looked up at her boyfriend to see him face tight with concern.

"Yes, I'm Fine." She answered. "Just a little tiered."

"Well, you shouldn't do the obstacle course in D.A. today." He said concerned.

"Probably not." He kissed her in the forehead and she leaded towards his chest. Oh how she loved this boy. Wait what?

"Talking about D.A." Dominique said whilst standing up, "I gotta' go. I have detention with Lupin."

The whole group sighed loudly. "Again." They chorused.

"This time it wasn't my fault." Dominique raised her hands up in surrender. "I swear."

"And last time, and the time before that." Albus said. "Oh yes, and the one before that too." Dominique hit him in the back of the head with a book. "Ow!"

"Shut it." She warned. "It's true and you know it. I didn't fire that hex!"

"Who did?" Scorpius asked.

"How am I supposed to know? I was with my back turned the other way!" She exclaimed.

"Then why do you have detention?" Zabini asked.

"I don't know, ask them." With that she was off. They all stared at her walk away in silence.

"I don't know how she doesn't care they give her detention when it wasn't her fault." Toby said.

"Yeah, I would be flip my shit, if they treated me like that." Margo said.

"Same." Marlene thought out loud.

"And she's actually making an effort to behave." Roxanne pointed out. "But they won't see it because they are blinded by the image of her old behaviour. So unfair."