5 🍼

Namjoon's POV:

I woke up to the sound of a shower running, and the aroma of freshly made coffee. Just what I needed to energize myself, especially if I wanted to appear kid-friendly to the children at Nabi's Orphanage.

The first one to greet me when I woke up, wasn't my wife. It was my phone, which has been ringing for five minutes. My eye sight blurred when I rubbed them together, after being blinded by the rays of sunlight, shining down at my face.

Sooner or later, I attended to my cellular device, checking to see if I had any missed calls,
and instead, what popped up was a notification regarding the alarm I had set for 7:30 A.M.

"Namjoon, what was that ringing about?" A voice alarmed me. I smiled at the familiarity of it and noticed Minji was approaching me. Her hair was soaking wet. She appeared to have just come out of shower, since she was still dripping droplets of water everywhere around the rug, drying her hair.

I took a whiff of the scent of her shampoo, which I sometimes secretly use, since I enjoy the way it leaves my hair... And because I like the way it smells... Also because her scent stays on me and I won't miss her so much while I'm at work.

Haha, alright, so I love the way she smells. That's all.

"My alarm went off. You smell good." I complimented her as she chuckled, placing a tender kiss on my lips.

"Are you ready to go see all of the kids today?" The moment I asked her that, she spun around so fast, her hair whipped my neck, marking it for less than a minute.

"Oh my! Oh my god, I'm sorry. I was too excited. Yes! Yes, I am ready for today." Her laughter made up for the slash I now had across my neck.

"Yup, I can tell that you're excited." My arms wrapped around her tiny waist as I pulled her close to my bare chest, nuzzling my face into her hair.

"I love your shampoo." I whispered, closing my eyes while inhaling the scent of her hair.

She began to giggle, pulling her face away from my chest to stare up at me.

"If you like it so much, why don't you just use it?" She joked. I kept my eyes shut, still taking in the fresh scent.

"Oh, I do." Her smile faded away while she furrowed her eyebrows at me, giving me a questionable stare. I was in trouble now.

"Wait, what?"

"I use your shampoo." I admitted after four months of successfully using her shampoo and conditioner. Yes, I use her conditioner as well.

"Why do you like using my shampoo, honey?" She held onto my hands, swinging them from side to side, slowly.

"I like the way it leaves my hair. It makes it very shiny." I laughed while we made our way to the kitchen after she had gotten dressed.

Having admitted that I use her shampoo, Minji told me that she would buy four bottles: Two for me, and two for her. I felt relieved, but dumb at the same time.

I could have just told her that I wanted to use her shampoo in the first place or bought two, either way, instead of wasting hers for four entire months.

"Are you that happy about getting to buy the same shampoo I use?" My eyes were so busy staring down at my phone, I didn't get to hear what Minji was telling me.

"Namjoon?" The second time she called my name, I knew then that she had been talking to me the first time as well, so I paid full attention to her this time.

"Huh? I'm sorry, please say it again." She nodded.

"I'm asking you if you're happy about getting my shampoo... Or, is it because of adopting a new baby. Huh?" Her eyes could look right through me and read my mind, clearly. So of course, I couldn't deny that the adoption was what was on my mind ever since I woke up.

"I'm nervous to meet them, Joon. Are they nice?"

"They are the sweetest kids you'll ever meet, my love. The first thing they did when I first entered their room- over there they call it the dollhouse. It's like a playpen for the kids. Well, the first thing they did was hug me and tug at my legs." She held her heart, cooing at the imagery of the kids hugging me.

"And when I was about to leave, a little boy held onto me and asked if I was going back." By the time I had finish talking, Minji felt as if her heart had completely melted.

Her expectations on adopting a child, increased. As did mine, just by remembering how kind those children were.

"Do you know if they have babies as well? Like, newborns babies?" Her question didn't match up with what I had in mind.

Well, more like, 'who' I had in mind of adopting. But since my wife had the illusion of adopting a baby, I couldn't take that dream away from her. She was already too enthusiastic about the idea of having a baby in her arms.

"Yes, they have babies too. Not exactly newborns, but toddlers from ages one to five. But they're so tiny, that they almost look like babies. Maybe you'll find one that really draws your attention." I know that her mind been set on seeing newborn babies today, but in reality, the adoption center only had kids from ages two to seventeen, or so I heard.

I just hope that she can find a special child that brings joy to her. Seeing Minji happy is all I could ever want.

~~~

When we arrived there, we both got down from the car and I locked it, keeping her close to me. I had previously explained the reason why we had to go to such a dangerous side of Korea, and she seemed to understand, but she held onto me the entire time, unafraid to face anything that might come in between us on the way to the orphanage.

Right away when we entered the orphanage, we were greeted with a familiar looking face. It was the sweet old lady who had greeted me, yesterday. Minji and I were also greeted with the sound of screaming, and a much louder ruckus of toys clanging with each other, or being tossed from one room to another.

The place seemed a lot more crowded than yesterday as well. More adults, couples that were even younger than us, were scattered all around, acknowledging each and every one of the kids, while some simply stuck to one child or two, playing with them and their adorable, colorful toys.

Minji was so overwhelmed, she started to laugh, acting like a child herself when coming across a few of the younger girls.

"Aww! Hi, sweetheart. Your hair is so beautiful, who styled it? YOU? Wow! Look at how pretty." One little girl was so happy with Minji's presence, she couldn't let go of her.

My eyes didn't know who or what to turn to. The kids were everywhere.

But not long after we arrived, my eyes finally ceased to turn to anywhere else, and automatically locked when I saw a couple was talking to one specific child.

"It's him. It's Jin."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥