15 🍼

Namjoon was about to get up and head back to the driver's side of the car, when he found himself immobile.

"Oh? What's this. Why can't I move?" He turned his head over to face Jin, and relaxed his body when realizing that the boy had drifted off to sleep in his arms.

"Poor Jin, he must be very tired. Well, Minji isn't coming out right now, so, I'll let him sleep until I see her walking out of the supermarket. But that's it! Just five minutes: No more, no less." Namjoon stretched his arm out and yawned, looking around the parking lot.

The many unfamiliar faces and a few birds that his eyes were met with every now and then, whenever he would be on the look out for Minji, eventually made Namjoon feel tired.

Watching as the minutes went by and still no sign of his wife, the man carefully listened to Jin's soft snores until they became the last thing he heard when he fell asleep, pressing his head against the cushioned, leather seat of his car.

☁Zzz☁zzZ☁

Minji's arms ached from carrying such heavy bags, but she had no other choice but to do so.

"Whew! My aching limbs. Ow! Ow." She said, holding her phone by pressing it against her head and shoulder, so that it would stay in place as she headed over to the car.

"How much did you buy to be carrying so many bags, Minji? Are you cooking a Valentine's Day dinner for Namjoon this Friday?" The woman chuckled, hearing her mother's voice.

"Oof, the food wouldn't be as fresh by then, mom. I bought this food to cook for- For us! That day. Yes, you were right." She suddenly remembered that Namjoon and her hadn't told either one of their parents they had adopted a child.

Their parents only knew that they were going to the Orphanage today, but that thought hadn't crossed her mother's head yet, so Minji assumed that she had forgotten all about it.

As the petite woman made it back to the car, the wind started picking up, making her shiver.

"It's very cold outside today. I never thought it would be this cold out today, I would have brought an extra coat."

"Extra coat?? But I thought you said you had brought a coat for yourself. Is the coat for Namjoon?" Once again, Minji had been referring to her -new son- Seokjin, while still on an on-going phone call with her mother.

"I have to be careful or else she'll start to suspect." She cleared her throat and started talking to her again.

"Coat? Did I say coat!? Ha! How silly of me. I meant to say gloves. My gloves stayed back at home, so now my hands are freezing." Though her mother wasn't easy to fool, Minji was relieved when she convinced her into thinking that she had left her gloves behind.

"By the way, I was going to ask you. How did it go today?" Minji shut her eyes and smiled, realizing that her mom hadn't forgotten at all that they had gone to the Orphanage. And, as much as she tried to cover it up, her excitement didn't help either.

She ended up telling her mother almost everything that happened to both her and her husband while they were at the orphanage.

"I really would have loved to adopt Soo A. She was nine-years-old, very short, she had the sweetest voice ever! Mom, you should have seen her. My heart melted." Heading this from her daughter brought a smile to her mother's face as she held onto her phone, tightly.

"Aww, she sounds like the perfect daughter, my dear. You two made the best choice in adopting her! I can't wait to meet my new granddaughter and neither can your father, so we'll go visit you and Namjoon tomorrow, at... Hmm, does 12:00 PM sound alright?" Minji ran out of breathe just by hearing her mom.

As much as she would love to have her parents over for lunch tomorrow, she simply couldn't. She had a lot of errands to run at home, today and tomorrow.

"Tomorrow won't be such a good idea, mom. I'm sorry, I really would have loved to have both of you come over tomorrow, but I have to do a few things tomorrow to help Jin settle in the house. I have to prepare the room, decorate it. Ooooh, a lot of things."

She giggled, popping open the trunk of her car to place the items inside of it. At the end of the trunk, Minji saw Jin's bag, full of his things. The bag smelled really good. It had his scent in it, and just by inhaling it, she smiled.

"I understand, my daughter. I truly do. Well, perhaps some other day, right?" Her mother spoke, with charisma and joy in her voice. Minji can tell that her parents were eager to meet Seokjin, and that made her feel joyful on the inside.

"Absolutely! In fact, what about on Valentine's Day? We can meet up at this lovely restaurant and have a nice talk. You can get to know our Jinnie a little more; This child is one of the sweetest you'll ever meet. And one of the most educated ones as well. You'll fall in love with h-" Just before she could even use a single pronoun to describe her son's gender, Minji was interrupted by the sound of a loud motorcycle beside her.

Its engine startled her as the motorcyclist guided himself out of the market and drove off, leaving her with a slight shortness of breath.

"Ever since I had that accident and lost my twins... I've never trusted motorcycles again. I'm afraid of them." After the woman had collected some fresh air, flashing back to reality, she apologized to her mother and continued talking to her.

"Yes, mother. I promise, I'm fine. Don't worry, about- Oh, can I call you back when I get home? There's just too much noise out here at the moment." Her mom understood and hung up. Minji then looked inside of the car, and through the glass, she noticed that Namjoon and Jin had fallen asleep.

"How precious!! I have to take a picture of this and send it to Ara!" She quickly snapped a photo of Namjoon and the younger boy, cuddled up asleep in the car, and sent it to her older sister, Ara. She was the only one who actually knew that they had adopted Jin.

Right after sending the picture to her sister, Minji knocked on the window, awakening both Namjoon and Seokjin. Well, at least for a moment. Namjoon had fully woken up and even stepped out of the car to head back to his seat.

He found it funny how he didn't hear when his wife had arrived with the groceries, and her story made it even funnier.

"Yes, just leave it to the old lady. She'll carry all those heavy bags to the car on her own." She faked being offended to earn a short laugh from her husband, who she loved to joke around with.

"I'm sorry, babe. How long ago did you arrive?" Namjoon placed a soft kiss on her forehead before adjusting her scarf, covering her face so that she wouldn't get cold.

"Not too long ago, don't worry, my love. I can see that you two are bonding perfectly well with each other. Seokjinnie didn't even wake up when you pushed him off of you." She smiled, staring at a sleepy Jin, who was still cuddled up on the seat as if he was still holding onto Namjoon.

"I'll have to tell you the reason why I had gone to the backseat with him." Minji frowned.

"Why? Did something happen to him while I was gone?" Namjoon promised to explain everything to her when they arrived back home. She entered the car, shut the door softly so that she wouldn't wake Jin up, and avoided making any loud noise to keep everything peaceful and serene so that the boy could sleep peacefully.

And the peace lasted until Namjoon entered the car and accidentally stepped on a bag of chips that was on his side of the seat, near the gas pedal. Jin's head popped up from the backseat, his eyes were puffy from how tired he was.

"I'm sorry, Jinnie. Did Joonie wake you up?" Namjoon softly spoke. Instead of replying, Jin fell to his side and went back to sleep, making Minji and him laugh.

"Yup, he's definitely a one of a kind, alright."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥