7 🍼

Haven spoken for a while, Jin and Minji seemed to be getting along just fine.

"How old are you, Jin?" Jin feared answering her question, out of the fear of being ignored afterwards just for being so old, but he answered anyways.

"I'm seventeen-years-old, ma'am." He replied, waiting for a look of disappointment from her, or expecting her to stop talking to him. But she didn't.

"Well, aren't you just adorable? Do you like Mario?" She asked, referring to the plush toy he was holding. Namjoon responded for him this time.

"He loves Mario! He said that it was his favorite character, and that Luigi was an old man with a mustache." His immediate reaction was to laugh at the way Namjoon described Luigi.

"Luigi is just as cool! I just find Mario funnier." He replied, earning a high-five from Minji.

"I love Mario too. I used to have a Nintendo DS when I was little and I used play Mario Bros for hours and hours. I never really liked Luigi, I found him quite annoying." Her words made Jin grow closer to her.

"I disagree. Team Luigi all the way!" Namjoon defended himself, making both Minji and Jin laugh, as well as Soo A.

They all stayed talking for a while, and Namjoon couldn't be happier.

"This is what having a family must feel like." He thought.

"JinJin!! JinJin! Show him the photo you had taken of him when you were talking that day." Soo A broke the silence there was in the room and exposed Jin for having taken a photo of Namjoon, the day they first met.

"Why did you have to speak! That was a secret, Soo A!!" Jin covered his face out of embarrassment while Minji held onto Soo A.

"You took a photo of me?" Namjoon placed his hands against his hips, staring at Jin with curiosity. Jin's ears were suddenly tinted a light shade of red along with his cheeks while he nodded, showing his phone to Namjoon and Minji.

"I'm sorry, I took it on the day that you were laughing." He admitted, frowning.

"Awww! That's so cute!! He likes you, Joon!" Minji teased as Namjoon laughed, covering his face out of embarrassment

"I do! You're the best parent that has ever visited me. You made me feel happy when I was feeling down as well, so you're very kind." Namjoon tilted his head up at Jin and ruffled up his hair.

"He likes to ruffle up everyone's hair that way. He does it to me all of the time." Minji said, combing through Soo A's black strands of hair.

They left the kids, momentarily. When they left, they saw the kind woman they had previously encountered and immediately caught her attention.

"So, have you two made up your mind on who you're going to adopt yet?" The lady asked
the two. They shook their heads in denial.

"Well, we did like two of them, but we heard that one has a condition." Namjoon said, referring to Jin.

"A condition?" Minji turned her head over at Namjoon, unaware of the certain condition Jin had. Their attention ultimately shifted to the lady, who was to only one who could provide both of them with the information on what they needed to know about Jin.

"Condition?" She didn't seem to understand what the young couple was talking about, and that only worried Namjoon and Minji even more.

"Yes, a condition. Earlier, I overheard someone mention that Seokjin has a condition called Hypomania." Her eyes widened.

"It's not true." The crease in between Namjoon's forehead deepened, expressing his confusion.

"We had to make that lie up so that Jin wouldn't be adopted... And we also had to lie to Jin about having it. He 'thinks' he's had that condition for a while now, but it's a lie we had to tell him, and even physically and mentally make him believe." This shocked Namjoon.

"Why did you do that to him? You do realize that you ruined his chances of having a new home? A new family? Happiness??" He spoke, almost displeased with the way they lied at Jin. Just by thinking about how the people at the orphanage made the poor young boy think that he had a mental health condition, made Namjoon feel saddened and almost upset.

But of course, he kept his calmness and dealt with whatever information the woman was about to distribute to him, along with the apology that came along with it.

"I'm sorry, but Seokjin had to live this life because of Nanami. She's the one who took him in and practically raised him since he was five-years-old. Since Nanami got so attached to Jin, she began to despise the idea of someone adopting him." The woman continued.

"She's kept Seokjin here and raised him a little bit too feminine, without acknowledging it. At first, he had started playing with the girls because he found the boys too rough and noisy. However, as the girls grew older and noisier like the boys, Jin began to ignore them as well and ended up losing all contact with his friends.

Having lost his communication with everyone, he turned to his Nintendo DS, and started to write down secret messages in it, like:

"I feel lonely. I need friends."

"Why doesn't anyone adopt Jinnie :(" or his most recent one, "Jinnie wants a mom and dad."

Which breaks my heart, to be honest." Minji turned to Namjoon, seeing how sad he was.

Her own eyes welled up, just by hearing Seokjin's backstory, making her become more determined to adopt someone like him. Unfortunately, she still wasn't convinced enough to adopt Jin. As much as she wanted to help the boy, she wanted to adopt a younger child, around Soo A's age or less.

Knowing this, Namjoon felt trapped. He knew that Minji wasn't going to want to adopt Jin, but he certainly wanted to. His heart ached for the poor boy, and seeing the way he was nearly adopted today, seeing how high he had set his expectations only to have them crushed when the couple rejected him, gave him more encouragement of adopting him.

But he couldn't. So, as heartbreaking as it was for him, the man didn't adopt him.

"I'm sorry. We do feel sorry for Jin, and hearing his story breaks our heart... But sadly, we really wanted to adopt a baby, today. Or maybe someone around Soo A's age, or Soo A herself." Minji spoke.

"Oh, and I understand, ma'am. Would you like to adopt Soo A, then? Or would you like to continue- OH! Speaking of her, haha! Come here, sweetheart." Soo A had entered the office, taking small steps at first, then eventually running into Minji's arms.

Minji lifted the girl up and onto her lap, hugging her with joy, while Namjoon stood up. He saw that Seokjin's frame had quickly faded away, the moment he turned around to face the door.

So, he adjusted his jacket while getting up from the chair, and formally walked out of the office, in search of the young, petite boy.

"Seokjin?" He ended up following him to the garden, where he now spotted the boy, climbing up a treehouse. The last visible parts of his body were his feet, which were last seen when he crawled into the treehouse and shut the door behind him, locking himself inside of it.

The tree was short enough for Namjoon to reach, so he gripped onto the branches firmly, then pushed his torso upwards, until he made it to the front of the house. When he tried opening it, he found out that it was locked, so he knocked on it.

The first time he didn't receive an answer, but when he was about to try knocking again, a noise coming from the inside of the treehouse left the man with a frown on his face.

"Is he... Crying?"

~~~

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥