17 🍼

When Namjoon and Minji tried to get a reaction out of the boy, it wouldn't work. It was almost as if he was lost in a trance for a few seconds before reacting to either one of them
after a while.

Once they were able to communicate with him again, the first sentence that came out of his mouth was an apologetic one.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry." He froze up, staring at the way his parents were staring at him. The only thing he could think of doing was apologizing and reassuring them that he was okay, and even though Minji's worry had subsided, Namjoon's only increased.

"Jin, what happened?" In attempt to get information out of the boy, he made the mistake of diving deeper into the subject trying to find out what was wrong with Seokjin. And as a result, Seokjin's attitude worsened.

Now, he was begging them to forget what had happened, and completely boarded his walls up. Namjoon felt beyond guilty: Instead of handling the situation, he not only made it worse, but he also lost the small amount of trust and communication Jin had in both him and his wife.

No one spoke to each other after that. Minji was too distracted, thinking of what triggered Jin and made him react that way.

Namjoon was thinking about how to get his way around the boy's head, so that he opens up to him again and tells him the reason why he was being so silent.

And Jin was lost in his own little world, getting filled up with thoughts in his head.

Thoughts that were too deep for anyone to know about, or to even guess what they were made of.

He stiffened up for the rest of the drive, and avoided making eye contact with either one of the adults in the front. Instead, he chose to stare out of the car window, watching the way the sun slowly set from far away.

His hands instinctively wrapped themselves around his arms, as he tried to cover his body up when he started to feel cold.

Namjoon noticed it and turned the heat up in the car, focusing his eyes on the road now that it was darker outside.

Sooner or later, Namjoon took one swift turn and ended up on a local street, after a while of driving in the highway. No matter how deep his focus was, and how stern his look may seem, deep down inside, the man was peaking at Jin with the corner of his eyes.

He wanted to learn more about the boy's past, but at the same time, he feared digging too deep and reopening any potential wounds that Jin might gain by talking about what he had to go through with his parents.

"I don't know what my birthday has to do with your past, Seokjin. But if it pains you that much, then I won't mention it again. I won't even celebrate it anymore if I have to. Maybe one day I'll truly find out what happened to you."

~~~

Namjoon and Minji clicked their seatbelts off and got down from their car. Jin stayed inside of it, and just looked back at the adults with curiosity.

"I wonder what they're doing here. Maybe they have to pick something up...?" He thought, staring outside. The boy suddenly jump up and moved away from the window when Namjoon opened the door.

"Come here, Jinnie." He extended his hand out to the boy, and waited for him to grab onto it. Jin hesitated at first, then he slowly got down from the car. He smiled softly when noticing the smile on Namjoon's face.

"M- Mommy... Daddy, what are we doing here?" His sweet voice was back to normal. It no longer sounded shaky, and that was a huge relief to Namjoon. He wrapped his arm over Jin's shoulders and looked back at the house in front of them.

"We're home, sweetheart."

"Home?" Jin's eyes widened as he stared up and down at the beautiful apartment. It was much, much bigger than he thought it was.

"Yes, Jinnie. This is your new home. Come on, let's go inside." Minji held Jin's hand and started to guide him inside of the house, but Jin stopped following her and held back on going in the house without removing his shoes.

"Ah, right. See, Namjoon? Jinnie knows that I don't like anyone to enter the house with their shoes on. Learn from him." She giggled, caressing Namjoon's face as her husband became flustered.

He bend over to take his shoes off, feeling a rush of blood go to his head when crouching.

"Wow, Jin is very well-educated." He thought, entering the house and placing his jacket on a tall, brown coat rack. From far away, down a mini hallway, he noticed Jin and Minji were exploring the house together.

He quickly followed behind them, watching as Minji spoke to the young boy.

"This is the bathroom." The boy was lost. He didn't know what part of the bathroom to stare at first, if the beautiful decorative items within it, or the large, spacious shower.

"The shower is very big." He silently commented, keeping the rest of his opinions to himself. He was afraid of speaking too much and annoying the couple with his voice.

Jin's self-esteem levels have always been kept low, and have never risen. Whatever he had in him of confidence, he left it back at the orphanage, because now he felt the need to be strict with himself and not mess up even the most unnoticeable item around the new house he was in.

"Walk over here, I'll show you how to turn it on so you don't have trouble using it." Minji walked towards the shower, teaching Seokjin how to turn it on, and how to turn it back off. The instructions were more than simple for him, so he barely paid attention to the minor details about it, and trusted himself with it for when he would have to use it.

"And in here-" Minji's phone went off and interrupted what she was going to tell Jin. When the woman viewed the caller ID on the screen, she realized it was her mother.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this call. Namjoon, you can continue showing Jinnie around, right?" Namjoon nodded, reassuring Minji that he would handle the house tour. Minji smiled, retreating to the living room so that she can answer her call in private.

"Ready to see your room, Jinnie?" A bright smile traced Jin's face as he nodded at Namjoon.

"Lets go then."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥