3 🍼

"I'm Jin... Nice to meet you, sir." His soft, quiet voice, melted Namjoon's heart as he smiled at the young boy.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jin. You can call me Namjoon." When the adult returned the smile to Jin, the boy seemed to enjoy staring at the dimples that appeared on either side of Namjoon's face.

"How old are you?" The young boy asked out of curiosity. Namjoon was more than happy
to see how talkative he was being towards him. He was expecting his shyness to get in the way of coming up with a conversation, but the young boy proved Namjoon wrong.

He was actually talkative, despite being very timid.

"Hmm, how old do I look?" He asked the younger with a teasing tone of voice. Jin innocently shrugged and puckered his lips.

"48..." Namjoon's eyes widened. The young boy covered his mouth, silently giggling while the adult broke out in a laughter he hasn't had in a while.

"What makes you think I'm forty-eight-years old, little one?" The phrase "Little one" made the young child's shyness increase as he extended his hand out to point at Namjoon's head, while his own hair was blocking his eyes.

"Your hair is white." This not only made Namjoon laugh, but the rest of the people who were around the orphanage started to chuckle silently as well.

"I dyed it this color a while ago, but my hair color is naturally black." Jin's mouth hung open, ever so slightly, nodding at the elder. Namjoon felt optimistic about this child.

He seemed very polite, well-behaved, sweet, and he looked adorable. However, so were the rest of the younger kids, who's ages were closer to what both he and Minji had been searching for. And without his wife's opinion, Namjoon couldn't decide on which child to take home with him right away.

"Wah!! JinJin, JinJin! They took my pony away again! The boys are so mean to me!" A little girl with pigtails exclaimed, crying on Jin's lap. The older boy softly cradled her in his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist, carrying her all the way to where the mean boys were.

Namjoon witnessed as Jin calmly handled the situation, not even moving a single finger.

"It's as if they were afraid of him." The man was left with questions in his head as he saw the way Jin gently placed the girl down, handing her the pony she was previously playing with.

Namjoon was also surprised at how straight Jin was walking. "His posture is better than mine. Wow, I wonder if they've taught him how to walk with such a perfect posture, or if he was used to walking that way already." The train of thought Namjoon was on, came to a stop when he noticed Jin had sat down by his side again.

The boy seemed so calm and shy, Namjoon was almost afraid of getting too close, fearing he might break.

"Jinnie, why don't you two go talk to each other somewhere less noisy. Like the garden." The sweet old lady suggested.

"Should we?" Jin asked, looking at Namjoon, then turning his head back to face the lady.
Namjoon didn't hesitate in agreeing, and even thanked the woman for allowing them to speak somewhere more private and silent.

When they were pacing down the hallway, Namjoon noticed that Jin was carrying his Mario plush toy in his left hand. The lifeless toy hung loose from the boy's soft grip.

Namjoon realized that the stuffing from within the plush toy was hanging out of one of its arms, and that it was slowly breaking, judging by all of the places the toy was sewn, and he became curious as to how long the boy has had that plush toy for.

"You must like Mario a lot, Jin." Hearing the name "Mario" had an immediate reaction on Jin, who nodded at Namjoon, looking up at him.

"Yes, he's very special to me. I love playing Mario Bros and sleeping with this plush toy. I had to take it with me because I didn't want the little kids to take him from me again." Again meant that the kids have definitely snatched the plushie away from Jin.