2 🍼

Halfway into the highway, Namjoon let out a loud groan of regret. "MINJI!!" He was about to hit the breaks, when he sped up on accident and ended up in an unknown route.

"52? I've never heard of this route before. Ugh, I'm so stupid. I can't believe I left her behind... Hey wait- I could call her! Perfect." He dipped his head downwards to retreat his phone. It wasn't in his dashboard, so he instantly searched in pocket, knowing it must have been there instead.

"It must be in here- SORRY, SIR! I wasn't paying attention, I apologize!" A line of cars began honking at him, so he was forced to leave the lane he was currently in, holding up a traffic jam. When he left, his mind was still on Minji and the fact that he had unknowingly taken off, leaving her behind.

"On top of it all, I leave my phone as well." His regret wasn't allowing him to focus properly, so he placed his worry aside and focused on leaving the current route he was on.

"Oh, my GPS. That's right." He turned his GPS on and allowed it to navigate him to any local street, so that he could head back home. The first opportunity he had, he took it and cut through a few cars, just to reach the local street.

"Wow, I never realized how unhappy everyone looks around here..." Namjoon saw a different side of Seoul that he's never seen before. A side that has a lot of poverty.

"Welcome to Wonju." His GPS announced. Namjoon's eyes widened.

"Wonju? I'm in Wonju?"

Graffiti drawings, spray painted all over the corner stores. Some unhappy folks, and some rude looking ones who seemed angry at everything. Despite being intimidated by a few of the beggars who were rather demanding to Namjoon by knocking at his glass window, asking him for any change he could spare, he didn't seem to want to leave the local street he was on.

The reason? A sign caught his eye: "Daeshim's Adoption center: Adopt a child today!" Namjoon no longer cared if he had to get back home, if he was running a little low on gasoline, or if he had to find a way to call his wife.

His mind was distracted, staring at the sign that was in front of him. Immediately, he entered the parking lot and looked up at the place. The building was quite large and welcoming.

He was greeted almost immediately by a kind, old lady, who had a warm smile to offer him.

"Welcome to our adoption center, are you here to adopt a child today?" Namjoon smiled, nodding at the sweet old lady. All that he imagined were the amount of kids who could potentially become his own.

"Yes." She slowly lead Namjoon further inside of the building, while the man admired how adorably decorative it looked. There were paper drawings with tiny painted hands and feet on them, of all sorts of colors, hanging from the walls.

The sounds of kids laughing and screaming emitted from the long hallway, making the man eager to meet them all. His smile only widened when he finally made it inside of a large room, where kids were all screaming with joy, laughing and doing different activities.

"In this activity room, we call it the 'Doll house', since it was built to look like one for the kids to be distracted with it and forget about their worries or any trauma from their past
they might have received." Namjoon looked around his surroundings, seeing that what the old lady was saying was in fact, true: All of the kids seemed very happy and excited, playing with different toys.

"The girls usually enjoy playing with dollies, play doh, ponies, and pretty much with anything else.

The boys have their specific games as well, like old Nintendos, action figures, boxing gloves.

And sometimes they all mix their toys up: The girls bring their dolls and play with the boys and their action figures. But they never get bored in here, that's for sure." The list of activities that the children seem to enjoy around here, all made perfect sense to Namjoon.

He saw a lot of kids were playing with toys, and or, hanging out with each other. Especially the older looking ones, who were all in a small group, competing against each other and bonding.

"Hello!! I'm Soo A." A little girl politely greeted Namjoon, giggling softly. Her tiny voice captivated Namjoon's heart.

"Hi, Soo A! I'm Namjoon!" Namjoon cooed, acting soft towards each and every child who greeted him. The kids seemed so energetic and jumpy, he was overwhelmed with so much love he was receiving from them.

His dimpled smile seemed adorable to most kids, so they started to poke them. Namjoon scrunched his nose and smiled fondly, cuddling the kids and playing with them.

"I'm Daewi!" One by one, all of the kids started to greet him, bringing him pure joy. The little ones were very energetic, while the adolescent boys and girls seemed more mature, yet were also kind-hearted and very open-minded.

Namjoon had no trouble when it came to meeting the kids. The noise they were creating can bring anyone discomfort to their ears, but not to Namjoon. To him, that noise was his new form of happiness.

After having met every child, Namjoon noticed how different one child was, among all of the rest. That child stood out the most to him, and from what the old lady had told him, that child was the oldest child in the orphanage.

That child hadn't spoken to Namjoon at all, however. He wasn't doing anything, actually.

He was just playing with an old Nintendo DS, focusing mainly on the game, rather than his surroundings.

The closer he got, the older the boy seemed to him. And when he was met, face-to-face with him, he noticed that the child was actually a teenager.

"You have a visitor, sweetie." The old woman's voice gathered the child's full attention, as his eyes retreated from the gameboy, to see a pair of tall legs were met with his face. He tilted his head up, and moved back when Namjoon bend down to his knees, so he could take a closer look at the boy.

"What's your name?" He asked, placing his hands on either side of the bed the boy was currently sitting on.

The boy scoot his body over and invited Namjoon to sit next to him on the bed. The older man thought he was doing some progress with meeting the shy, young child, so he felt confident about getting closer to him.

"I'm... Jin. Nice to meet you, sir."

♥*♡∞:。

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥