8 🍼

Namjoon's POV:

I gently attempted to open the door, when Jin slammed it shut. This time, his cries had increased, and as did my worry for him. But the boy wouldn't allow me to even talk to him; he kept on insisting that I just went away, but I refused to go.

"Jin?" His cries almost sounded as if I was talking to a five-year-old kindergartener, so I decided to treat him like one, just to see if I could get to the boy any sooner.

"JinJin? Let me talk to you, please." I heard when the boy clearly groaned, whining at me with a voice that sounded as if he were a puppy. His sniffling breaks my heart, but what more can I do to get close to him?

"What if I try something different." Instead of knocking harder, because that would just scare Jin, I decided to try another alternative in hopes of finding a way to get closer to him without pushing him away from me.

"Baby Jinnie, please, listen to me." As if magic, the doors opened, revealing a young boy who was wiping away a flood of tears that brimmed out of his eyes, and wouldn't cease to descend from them.

I estimated the length within the treehouse, compared them to the length I had on my legs, and decided to crawl inside of the limited space the treehouse had to offer me for my height, denying the fact that I was a tall man. I refused to leave Jin alone.

"W- what did you call me?" Was the first thing Jin asked me, ignoring any other topic that I wanted to talk about. He thought that I was there to talk to him about the adoption plans I had, but I wasn't going to address that issue at all. Not when knowing that he had gotten this way because of it.

・*:.。..。.:*°Third Person's POV °*:.。..。.:*・

"Baby Jinnie. I called you Baby Jinnie, because you look like a baby to me." Namjoon received a groan from Jin, who had started to throw a mini tantrum having heard the older man's words.

"I'm not a baby!! I'm seventeen-years-old!" Jin's sudden outburst made Namjoon bump his head against the small roof of the treehouse, causing the younger to laugh, but quickly cover up his laughter with his mouth from his shy and self-conscious he was.

"Ohh, you like it when I get hurt don't you?" Namjoon smirked, pretending to bang his head again while the younger watched with joy and excitement as he the grown-up purposely hit himself again.

"OW! MY PRECIOUS HEAD! Ohh, the pain!!" His false screams of agony had made Jin laugh to a point of making him cry tears of joy.

Namjoon felt accomplished when seeing how happy the boy was.

"Seokjin, if you knew they were trying to keep you from getting adopted, why didn't you tell me anything instead of faking that you had that mental condition?" Jin folded his legs
together and grabbed a small stuffed Mario plush that was right beside him, hugging him tightly, no longer smiling.

A brief moment of silence went by as Namjoon remained up in the treehouse, waiting for the boy to respond to him.

"I was going to tell you, but when I found out that you wanted to adopt a baby, I didn't want to tell you anything anymore, because I thought there was no use in you finding out." He admitted, shocking and confusing the older man, while he turned his body over, trying his best to fit inside of the small treehouse.

"But that wouldn't have made a difference, Jin. I still wouldn't have been lied to, which would have been better. But, why do you say it doesn't matter anymore?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at the boy.

Jin slowly bowed his head down, letting his soft locks of hair cover up his eyes. He then parted his lips and began to speak again, just like before.

This time, Namjoon was hoping to receive a proper answer from him.

"Because." Was all Jin said, sealing his lips shut. Namjoon of course, wasn't satisfied at all with the teen's answer, so he asked him to speak again, and when he finally admitted the truth, Namjoon became saddened.

"Because you wouldn't have adopted me." Jin's confession brought him down, and Namjoon could see it, judging by the way he had tossed his plush toy to the side.

He turned his head around and faced the plain wall, inhaling it's fresh scent of wood, while holding back on crying as his back hunched over.

But he couldn't hide his tears from Namjoon. The adult knew just how upset Jin was, so he wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him in for a hug.

Jin's eyes widened and filled up with tears. He was unstable and unsure about what to do for the first ten seconds, but once his muscles loosened up, the boy found himself melting into Namjoon's arms, returning the embrace. An embrace he's never gotten from any of the parents at the orphanage who had previously considered adopting him.

Namjoon heard that Jin had muffled something while he was in his arms, but he couldn't properly listen to what the boy had said, so he hummed in response to his barely audible words, encouraging him to speak again.

"You smell good." Jin softly muttered, repeating himself again. The older man became flustered by this, and simply offered him a smile, when pulling away from the hug.

When he retreated, he noticed a slight smile was temporarily tattooed onto Jin's face, and he decided to tease him about it.

"Aww, he's smiling."

"No, no I'm not." Jin turned away, blocking his face.

"No? Then what's THIS!" Namjoon scooped Jin onto his lap and started to tickle him. Jin wasn't used to such friction and accidentally slapped Namjoon across the face, instantly regretting it.

"I- I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, are you okay! I'm sorry!" He moved as far away from Namjoon as he could, continuously apologizing to the man while shaking, nervously.

"I'm okay." Namjoon found out that Jin had started crying again, and felt sorry for him.

"I didn't mean to do it. I- I swear!" His cries worried the older. All that he could do was he there for the boy and show him that he hadn't gotten hurt, so that he wouldn't feel bad.

"Jin, look at me. I'm fine! Look, look! See? You didn't do anything, sweetheart. It was just an accident." Namjoon could tell, right then and there, that Jin had to have gone through a childhood trauma when he was little, to be this afraid of him.

Jin cautiously uncovered his face, revealing a row of tears and the ones that had yet to come down from his eyes, when staring directly at the adult man.

"Are you going to h- h- hit me?" With what the poor boy had responded with, Namjoon's fear had come to life.

"I knew it. He has gone through child abuse."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥