21 🍼

Namjoon felt restrained, as the boy begged him not to go. He didn't have the heart to make him sleep on his own, so of course, he stayed right beside him, and watched as the boy stared at his platinum blonde hair.

Jin hesitated to move a muscle, when staring at Namjoon, but he wanted nothing more than to be held safely, in his arms. His memories from that day are still tearing him apart
to this day, and what hurts him more is that he can't tell anyone about them.

The only one who knew ever listened to him whenever he would speak about his past, was Nanami. Being far away from her now, the young child felt saddened, so he wrapped his arms around Namjoon while sitting up, and didn't say a word.

"Wh- what? What's wrong, Jinnie? Do you feel alright?" The adult stared down at the boy with confusion, tensing up as he was unsure of what was wrong with him. He didn't know whether to ask him about what he was dreaming, or if he should try something else to help him fall asleep sooner.

Although the child wasn't speaking, Namjoon knew that he hadn't fallen asleep again, since his eyes were wide open. He was just slumping over Namjoon's body, becoming weak and fragile.

His alertness made Namjoon giggle, seeing how clingy the child was being. Instead of putting him back to sleep and leaving his room, Namjoon took Jin out of his room and silently lead him downstairs.

"Let's go get you something to help you fall asleep again, okay?" The boy nodded while lazily walking downstairs, ever so quietly so Minji wouldn't wake up. He smiled at Namjoon, earning a cuddle from the man.

"What's that smile for huh? What's that cute little smile for?" Jin started to giggle, melting Namjoon's heart as he rummaged for snacks in the kitchen. He took out a small, sweet treat that was wrapped up inside of a plastic wrapper.

It was a yummy, yellow cake with white cream filling inside of it.

"Have you ever tried these before, Jinnie?" The young boy softly shook his head. Namjoon handed him an unwrapped yellow cake and Jin thanked him, smiling.

"They're called 'Twinkies'. Don't tell your mother about this, or she'll scold me for feeding you sweets this late at night." Namjoon pressed his finger against his own lips, making a hush sound.

Jin nodded, taking a bite of the twinkie for the first time. His eyes widened at his immediate reaction his tastebuds had to the delicious, cream filled pastry.

"Mmmm! Sorry, A- Appa Joonie." He whispered. Namjoon almost choked on his twinkie, hearing the small noises that emitted from the young boy's mouth.

A piece of the twinkie flew out of his mouth and landed on the floor, and seeing this, Jin pinched his lips to keep himself from laughing, but since Namjoon was repressing his own laughter as well, the two of them exploded like a time-bomb.

Their soft chuckles echoed throughout the kitchen, and were left behind in the kitchen, luckily. Because the noise they made with the amount of laughing that left their mouths, was quiet enough for only the two of them to hear.

Minji was still sleeping peacefully, obvious to what was happening in the kitchen with her husband and son, who had now silently gone to the couch.

Namjoon knew it wasn't a good idea to be keeping Jin up this late, especially since he knew that it would mess up the bedtime routine he used to have in the Orphanage, but he didn't want to send him off to bed so soon.

It was 10:00 A.M. at the moment, so Namjoon told the boy to watch TV for a while until he felt sleepy again. Jin sat down on the couch and the adult left him momentarily to go check up on his wife, to see if she was sleeping or if their laughter had woken her up.

~~~

Her snores softly echoed around the quiet room. She was snuggled up in the bedsheets, wrapped up like a burrito. Namjoon extended his arms out and placed both hands on either sides of the bed, leaning over her to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

He smiled at her, resisting the urge to caress her head, to keep her from waking up. He didn't want to disturb her peaceful slumber.

After having checked up on his wife and seeing that she was still asleep, Namjoon smiled fondly while leaving the bedroom their to see what Jin was up to, with a soft, white sheet in his hand

"He's probably watching cartoons or a movie... I just hope that he'll eventually fall asleep too, he needs to rest." As he walked towards the living room again, at first sight, he noticed that everything was dark.

The TV was on, casting an adorable cartoon of fruits and vegetables, singing and dancing.

"Jin stayed asleep watching the baby channel? HA! How CUTE. He really is a baby after all." The young boy heard Namjoon's voice and reacted to it, by wiggling his fingers, and scrunching up his nose.

"Sweet dreams, Jinnie." Namjoon was about to carry the boy up to his room again, when he felt immobilized from his waist bellow.

Jin had gripped onto him and was clinging to his waist, whining about him leaving. His grumpy, soft whines made Namjoon smile.

"Alright then, you win. But just for tonight." Defeated by the young boy's clinginess, Namjoon released himself for a moment from the boy, to reposition his body on the sofa couch. The couch that he had bought were sofa beds, so they had no trouble when it came to sleeping in the living room.

"Tonight... Can't it be forever, Daddy?" Jin thought, drifting off to sleep in his father's arms, cuddling the man, softly while Namjoon held onto him, safely, lying down on the couch.

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥