Remembering his smiling face, tantalized her senses, but it was his voice, so rich in its depth. The way he said those words struck her with the force of a swooping eagle.

Amber avoided capture like a smart mongoose. No, never again would she let words work on her, she wasn't going to make it so easy for men anymore.

“Big man a talk like some hopeless romantic?”

“The younger stupider girls lap up that stuff. I have been around the block too many times for that romantic body and soul stuff fi' work on me.” 

They laughed again. 

“So you not calling him again?” Valletta asked.

Amber knew Solomon had been texting her to talk to her, but she did not have the energy to reply. It was worse, because she never gave him the time to talk.

She left to curse off Kenneth. That bastard Kenneth called and texted her phone with a new number. Amber met Kenneth once and did not think he was worth her time. 

All he had to do was take a hint when she did not call him. Like all the other playboys in this game of love and sex.

Instead, he called her constantly like he was some baby with abandonment issues. Who the hell called someone over three hundred times a day?

Not even her ex-husband Rohan was that clingy and she told Rohan once that he was clingy. Compared to Rohan, Kenneth stink like shit.

Like seriously, Amber groaned inwardly. She resisted giving men her number ever since.    

“Why.” Amber took up Cyribus and hugged her neck from under it. “Honestly I am tired of all of them. And I am not saying he is not a good man, I am sure he is great in the bed, but that cannot help me right now. My brukout period over, I want something that does not last thirty minutes with the man end up being gone in the morning.”

But Solomon was different. He actually read her profile. Most men did not even read it. 

They would sprinkle her with how pretty and sexy she was and ask her the same questions she already answered in her profile. 

At least Solomon and her had a conversation, so she knew Solomon worked in construction since he was a teenager.

He wanted to be a pilot. Solomon even joked about it saying he would carry her to her favorite places. 

He seemed to have a lot of broken and failed dreams. Amber could relate, and so did she. 

She wanted to ask him about that flying test he took, but he bombarded her about her number after that.  

She almost believed he wanted to make a connection.   

Amber looked at the TV. “The worst part was this one mentioned the partner thing.”

Valletta clapped her hand. “What you saying? You ready for a new husband?”

Amber shot a dangerous look at Valletta. “No, I jus…I just want someone to count on. Someone to be there for me, someone I can enjoy life with. I was just wrecked after my marriage, so I just wanted to find somebody who was not like my ex-husband Rohan. That is why I wrote I wanted a partner, not a boyfriend. 

“Girl, it has been three years in the dating scene. I am going to tell you a secret. All I am finding is my ex-husband and then some.”

Valletta snickered. 

Amber continued, “Foreign man I never really connect with them. A few men from Europe have my number. But nothing much has come of it.”

Amber groaned and said, “You know what worse, the Indian man them. I swear the Indian men literally like every picture, they are describing me in the dirtiest of ways and begging me for naked pictures with them bright self. They be like send big breast photo please!”