Solomon's Waves

A hut-like bar sat in the center of the beach pumping out musical stylings of Wayne Wade's I Love You Too Much. The humid air cruised around the sand sprinkled bodies of the few patrons of this private beach.

Sun screamed down upon them. Sweat slid down Solomon's face, but not because of the heat. 

Solomon looked down at his phone's messages.

Stay lovely.

It's been a few hours since that last text. She didn't send a thank you or an emoji or anything. 

What did he do wrong now?

Amber usually sent a response. Normally, he never responded, because he knew she was busy. 

He understood her situation and wanted to give her space.

Solomon paced the yellow sandy floor of the beach and scrolled up the message log.

The clothes can stay on. The skirt can lift up 

He tilted his head at the text meant to be a joke, but she never replied.

Nothing...

Nada...

Zilch...

Solomon rubbed his forehead in distraught and hoped she didn't think badly of him.

She must think he was too sex hungry which was not true, he was just a little lonely sometimes and it led to him saying and doing things that were too forward, people said that sometimes, that was normal, sex was as natural as breathing right? But he didn't want to have sex with her even though her lips melted his heart, the sway of her hips pushed coke into his system and sent him flying.

Solomon only wanted to see her which was normal. He also wanted to see… other things, but that was for later.

Solomon went into the calling history list. His thumb froze over her name on the screen. 

An ache blasted from the slap across his back. 

Solomon winced as Latisha hopped around him in her blue two-piece bikini.

"Wha' you a do?! You 'fraid a water?!" She cried.

Solomon frowned. "Easy me soon come man."

Latisha turned in a pretty twirl and walked off. He never knew a woman loved the beach so much.

The rowdy crushing of the waves against the yellow sands reminded Solomon of nature's calling.

He would have gone the route of using public transportation, but he found the idea of taking two taxis and one bus to get to where she lived a daunting future considering how haphazard he worked. 

Do something, she said. 

He needed a car. 

Solomon clutched his jaw in frustration. No, it was best to leave her alone. She had her life to live after all.

Solomon sighed and his feet clamped into the sand, clutching in-between his toes. It was a wiggly feeling as he stood before the water pulling back into the sea from the revealed Junior holding the giggling Andrew.

Solomon told junior to not bring Andrew too far into the sea and at least those instructions were being followed, for they played on the edge with the waves crashing into Andrew's legs. 

Junior chased after the laughing Andrew who took up a glob of sand and threw it at his pursuer. 

Andrew warmed up to Junior in no time, but he couldn't warm up to Solomon for some reason, except for the weird clutching of his leg from time to time.

Helloजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें