Ending Note

You've done it. You finished Hello! 

Thank you for reading this story, I really appreciate it. 

So, here are my insights on the story.

What was your inspiration for this story?

Essentially, messaging, the original story was about two people communicating with each other through written messages. But I focused less on the messaging and more on the relationship, using the messages people send between each other as a sort of reference to how people misunderstand each other. It kind of became bigger than that.

Solomon is so soft!

Well, that was always going to happen, because of the character he was inspired by. I based him on Courage the Cowardly Dog, the cartoon character.

That character if you don't know, is a coward at heart, but because of his love for Muriel, he would put his life on the line to save her from monsters, aliens, etc.

Courage's infamous catchphrase was: "The things I do for love."

So in Solomon's case, he has a belief he is willing to fight for or protect like how Courage did for Muriel.

But I will admit, his softness makes his approach to life and the people around him amusing to see. 

The antagonists.

Sonia and Rohan are interesting, for a lot of reasons, both are troubled people whose viewpoint leads to their terrible actions. Both are subtle in their destruction.

Funnily, I had a darker story in mind for Rohan, but I decided to keep Rohan, a subtle shadow in their lives. The reason, I wanted to show the subtle ways men debilitate and control the people around them.

Amber's family 

Amber's brothers and sister were supposed to have a bigger role within the story, but that ended up being a dropped plot point, since I couldn't find many ways to drop them into the narrative effortlessly.

Do you have plans to publish the story?

There are plans for that, so we'll see. There's a lot of editing that needs to be done. The transitions between the chapters need to be improved and descriptions need to be better.

What are you going to do now?

There are some stories I want to finish up, and others I want to edit, others I want to start. As far as Jamaican stories, I will be putting up a middle-grade book by next year and editing Jamdown to be better.

But follow me for updates and new stories, I'm always trying to get better as a writer.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll get back to you.