Rent In A Nutshell (Part 2)

Mark: Welcome back to act two!

The whole cast: (Singing) A year's got a lot of minutes in it. 525,600 to be exact. We have to measure our lives in love!

Soloist: Measure your life in looooooove! (Hits high note and Mark's glasses crack)

Mark: Oh, my glasses....

Mimi: (Singing) Now it's New Years' Eve and I'm gonna make some really unrealistic resolutions.

Roger: (Singing) IT'S GONNA BE A HAPPY NEW YEAAAAR!

Mark: (Singing) Let's break into our padlocked apartment!

Maureen: I BROUGHT CHIPS!!!!

Angel: Me and Collins are dressed as totally cool James Bond characters to help break in! BOO-YAH!

Mark: Please don't tell me that saying "boo-yah" is gonna be a thing throughout this act...

(The phone rings)

Mrs. Cohen: (Singing) Mark, we're so proud of you for having your footage on TV! Happy new year, I guess...

(Beep!)

Alexi Darling: (Singing) Mark, I saw your footage of the riot and I want you to sell me your soul! Call me or page me or...

(Beep!)

Mark: WHEW!

Everyone: FIVE, FOUR, THREE, OPEN SESAME! HAPPY NEW YEAAAAArrr.... ew! Benny's here!

Benny: (Singing) Guys, I want a truce, let's hash things out...

Mark and Roger: (Singing)  N-n-n-n-n-n no way!

Benny: WRONG SHOW! (Singing) Anyway, fine! Then I'm gonna tell you something! Mimi used to be my girlfriend and she was the one who convinced me to change my mind!

Audience and Roger: Le GASP!

Mimi: (Singing) Wait! Roger, it was a long time ago, and I haven't rekindled our relationship!

Roger: (Singing) I don't care! Since I'm angsty, I'm gonna assume you were cheating on me!

Mimi: (Singing) YOU'RE WRONG! I'M NOT HIS W***E!

Roger and Mimi: Sorry....

Mimi: Where's the Man? I need a fix...

__________________________________

Mark: It's Valentine's day and Maureen and Joanne are rehearsing for another performance....

Joanne: I SAID TO TAKE IT FROM THE TOP!

Maureen: NEVER! THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH! YOU'RE SUCH A CONTROL FREAK! (to herself) I told her exactly what I thought of her! BOO-YAH!

Mark: (Sighs, rubs his temples)

Joanne: WELL, YOU CAN'T STAY COMMITTED TO ME! YOU'RE LIKE A MODERN DAY FEMALE HAMILTON!

[(IN THE MOVIE ONLY!)

Mimi: (Eating a big bag of popcorn, sitting on Roger's lap) I'm enjoying THIS! Roger, crap's about to go down!

Roger: (Sighs) Can't you just let me be?]

Maureen: (Singing) But pookie, I can't help it if everyone wants a piece of me! At the end of the day, I'm yours! Just accept me for who I am, or we're done!