ENOUGH! (Hamilton x In The Heights)

When Alex heard that Philip had spent the night at Theodosia Burr's house behind his back and that he's been seeing her behind his parents' back, he was furious. Eliza was angry, too, but it was because she was worried for his safety. 

Alex began to argue with Philip. "Alex, relax," Eliza had said, but that didn't work. "Philip, are you trying to embarrass me right now?", Hamilton asked his son. "Yes, dad, that's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do," Philip retorted back. Alex said "Well, you have succeeded! Congratulations! You succeed at everything," the same time Philip said "Sorry I embarrass you!"

Eliza had enough of this arguing. She sang, "Oh my God, enough! Now you listen to me!"

"Mom!", Philip said, trying to explain himself

Eliza immediately cut him off. "F***! I said enough!". That's when Alex and Philip knew that Eliza had snapped. She didn't swear, ever. "I'm sick of all this fighting!"

"Betsey..." Alex said, only to have Eliza cut him off, too. "Ya-pa-pa-pa-pa! I think you said enough! Now listen to what I say! What I say goes!

"Alex, you've pushed us all away!" Eliza said. It was true. He spent more nights in his study working than with his family. "I'm trying to..." Alex said. 

"I don't wanna hear it! We all talk through things as a family! And throwing Theo out like that? You sound just like your father! And we both know what a son of a b**** he was! You think it all comes down to you!" She said to her husband. 

Alex tried to embrace his wife and said "Betsey, let's talk about it," but Eliza was having NONE of it. "No, no, no, no! No, no, no, no! No, you don't! When you have a problem, you come home. You don't go off and make matters worse on your own. One day, you're gonna come back home, and you're not gonna find me waiting anymore," She said.

Alex tried to apologize. "I'm sorry...", to which Eliza retorted. "Huh! D**n right, you're sorry!". She then turned her attention to her son. "So you stayed up all night?", to which Philip just said "Mom...", and Eliza interrupted him, saying "I'm talking now. You scared us half to death, you know that, right?"

"What?" Philip asked. "Look at your father," His mom said.

"He doesn't sleep when you're gone. He's worked his whole life to help you go farther, and he can't admit when he's wrong. Now, who does that remind you of? You two deserve each other," She reminded her husband and son. 

"For months you've lied to us", she said to Philip.  "What did we do to make you think we wouldn't do anything and everything for you? When you have a problem you come home. You don't run off and hide from your family all alone, you hear me? When you have a problem you come home As long as we're alive, you're never on your own. Leave Theo. Take Theo.
It doesn't make any difference, as long as you come home
," 

"Eliza...", Alexander began to say, but she cut him off again. 

"No, no, no, no, no! Enough lying! Enough screaming! I'm done trying, and I'm leaving it up to you. It's up to you. I'll see you both back home. ENOUGH!" Eliza said, and then she stormed out the room.