Mark's RENT: Live Viewing Tips

[A/N: Based on "Dad's Big GAME DAY TIPS" by Thomas Sanders. Also, this is set around the time "RENT: Live" happened, which is around January 2019.]

Mark: Hey, there! Mark Cohen here. RENT: Live is just around the corner, and to make sure you guys get the best viewing experience, I have some tips here with help from the RENT gang! Tip number one: You can't go wrong with the food! And make sure that you get food that everybody can eat, and pay attention to dietary restrictions. For instance, if you have a vegetarian in your group, you can make some pasta with meatless balls! AND if you have any spicy food, make sure to HEAT IT UP! (Sees a bowl of chili, puts a lot of spice in it)

Mimi: (Tastes the chili, immediately runs to drink water)

Mark: Also, with drinks, you'll need...

The RENT characters: WINE AND BEER!

Mimi and Angel: (Singing) To handcrafted beers made in local breweries...

Mark: Um... guys... make sure to save that for when it's ACTUALLY time to sing along to "La vie Boheme"... which brings me to TIP NUMBER TWO! Make sure you get all the speakers you can get for the best sound, so everyone can sing along! You can just plug 'em in... (plugs the cords in all the spots available on the surge protector) wherever!

Joanne: Um.. Mark... I don't think this is a smart idea...

(Mark already has left the frame. In the next shot, Mimi, Angel, and Maureen are holding pieces of paper, practicing singing their songs.)

Mark: TIP NUMBER THREE! We know you won't need to practice, but just in case, take some time the day of the event to refresh your memory on the song lyrics!

Maureen: (Singing).... I..... gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta... (Takes a deep breath) gotta, gotta...

Mark: Okay, that'll be enough of that... (Cut to Mark and Roger. Mark is outside, in front of Roger's car, which has its' trunk open with a TV inside) And lastly, TIP NUMBER FOUR! A HUGE part of the viewing experience is the TV itself, ya knucklehead! (Knocks the TV out of the trunk)

Roger: I... I'm not with this guy.

Mark: Regardless of whether or not you abide by any or all of these tips, the true recipe for a great experience watching RENT: Live is to watch it with your fellow RENT-heads! And enjoy the show!

(Mark turns on the TV and that causes a spark, which in turn causes the power to go out for the whole neighborhood.)

Mark: Well... that's weird...