Chiron - Luci McCaan

"OK, guys!! Listen up!!" our teacher, Mr. Vader, was trying to get our attention, but it wasn't helping much. My classmates were joking around. Some were bragging their demigod powers, while others were whispering and gossiping around (frankly, those were only the Legacies and members of Cabin 10)

"Every day, is the same thing..." I muttered to myself, feeling a bit bad for my teacher. I mean, he's a Legacy of Athena, which means that he knows we are ADHD, but right now he's losing his patience. Suddenly, a sharp whistle was heard and every Legacy or kid from Apollo had to covered their ears and making everyone pay attention.

"That's better" he grumbled "Now, this year we're going to study the Second Titan War-"

"But that story is forbidden!!" a guy cut the teacher, making the students murmur between them.

"Not anymore" Mr. Vader replied, sighing "Chiron had express his desire that we study it"

"Why now?" a daughter of Athena questioned.

"You'll know when you learn it" In other words: 'the gods forbade you to tell us and now, since they didn't learn from their mistakes, they don't want us to'. I gritted my teeth a bit and stared down at my desk. I hated the gods. I hate my father for abandoned my mother. I hate my uncle for leaving my aunt and my baby cousin. I hate the gods who stood there, listening to my prayers when my aunt and baby cousin went missing and they didn't help me to find them!! "Now, I want you all of you to come to my desk a pick a name. You're gonna do a report about a hero of the Titan War and hand it over in two Fridays!" Everyone groaned, but did as told. I could hear the whispers around me, of the names. 'Percy Jackson', 'Annabeth Chase', 'Silena Beauregard', 'Charles Beckendorf', 'Nico DiAngelo', 'Lee Fletcher', 'Thalia Grace', 'Michael Yew', 'Castor', 'Ethan Nakamura', etc "Luci, your turn" I got up and I walked to Mr. Vader's desk.

Wait, I didn't introduce myself? Looks like I stole your time, uh? My name is Lucian McCaan, though I prefer Luci. When they hear the name for the first time, they think is a boys' name. But it's actually unisex, so... Anyway, I'm a daughter of Hermes and, right now, I'm in my senior year at New Athens' high school. I skipped some grades when I ran away from home searching for my cousin, so I'm finishing now. (Now, I know she's a Praetor of Camp Jupiter)

I walked back to my desk after I got my paper. Only then, I opened it up: 'Luke Castellan'

~oOo~

Visiting the library was most of the class plan, since we're not allow to have electronic devices, such as phones and computers, inside the Camp and city, because it attracted monsters. Everyone knows that and I'm OK by it. I sat on a cubicle with several books of the Titan War in greek. What a shame that Ella was on the Roman side when the Greeks fought...

~oOo~

My eyes were burning of the reading and I was growing exasperated. Every single book about the War said the same of Luke Castellan: he got rid of Kronos at the end of the war. It doesn't say anything else. I lost track of time, looking for new and different books everywhere.

"Looks like quite a research" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw a man in a wheelchair. He was wearing an old tweed suit. His brown hair was combed back and his brown eyes were deep, like he'd seen too much and he didn't want to.

"I can't find what I'm looking for" I replied, sitting back in my chair.

"What is it?" he asked, looking at the covers of the books "Ah, the Second Titan War... Thought that was forbidden"

"Not anymore... Well, that says my History teacher" I admitted "I could quote every single thing the others heroes made, but the guy I'm researching has only two sentences and done!" I complained.