Annabeth/Malcolm - Mason Turner

"OK, kids!!" our teacher, Mr. Shawn, tried to settled us down. It was kind of hard, considering that half the class was making noise "Kids, if you don't behave, I'll cancel the excursion trip!" That made everyone calm down, wince we all loved to go out with school.

"Mr. Shawn?" I raised my hand, getting his attention "What's so special about this museum?" Mr. Shawn's eyes showed us a different glimmer of excitement.

"Ah! You see, kids..." Everyone rolled their eyes, while some glared at me. 'You see' was Mr. Shawn's phrase to let us know that we were about to listen to once of the stories when he was a kid "When I was your age, people couldn't understand why I was always so distracted at school or why the simple things were boring to me... Many years later, they found out what was wrong with me..." he looked at all of us, meaningfully. We nodded in understanding, because we all were different. Different how, you ask? Well, we all have ADHD "This museum we're going in particular, was designed for people like us" That got us super excited.

"They're not gonna make fun of us?" Kelly, a classmate, asked shyly. Mr. Shawn shook his head and we grin. Maybe, this could be a nice field trip, after all.

~oOo~

"OK, kids! Now remember!" Mr. Shawn gathered us in front of the museum, that from the outside looked like if it was kind of abandon "We have a tour guide that will guide us through this museum... No one goes wonder alone, you hear me?" he ordered. We nodded, but we looked each other like asking 'how long till the first one loses control?'

"Mr. Shawn's class, I pressume?" A man came out of the building, looking happy. He was in his mid thirties, wearing simple jeans and a shirt. He was holding different papers in his hands and a bag hanging from his shoulder. His blonde hair was a little long, not longer than his chin. His skin was between tan and white, just perfect. He looked muscled, as if he worked out constantly. But, what caught my eye (and heard someone whisper about it behind me) were his grey eyes. They were intimidating and, at the same time, warm. That was confusing.

"That's right! And you must be Malcolm!" Mr. Shawn came forward and tried to shake Malcolm's hand, which was a little hard, because of all the papers that he was holding.

"Yeah, hold on-" he tried to shove some of the papers into the bag, but most of them started to fall off. Quickly, some of my classmates and I began to pick them up, because it was as if we couldn't stand still and that was the only thing to do "Wow, how many gentlemen and ladies you have..." Malcolm thanked us, smiling at us. We returned him his papers and gathered back into the crowd.

"What are those papers about?" I wondered, curious. Blame my ADHD mind.

"What's your name, son?" he asked me, politely.

"Um, I'm Mason, sir" He nodded at me.

"OK, first, I'm no 'sir', or I'll be my father... Please, all of you, take the liberty of calling me Malcolm, OK? he turned to see everyone, who nodded "And, second... Well, those were blueprints about this museum..."

"The museum is not finished?" Kelly questioned, frowning. Malcolm chuckled.

"The museum is finished, but... Well, I better show you myself" he started to walk towards the museum, with us following behind him. The first thing we notice is a giant lobby, full with booths and lockers "First, I must ask you to leave all your electronic devices and food inside the lockers"

"Won't we need pictures for our project?" I glanced at Mr. Shawn who nodded.

"Oh, don't worry about that!" Malcolm waved his hand to us "You'll get plenty of pictures, trust me" We again glanced at each other, warily, but did as requested. My only regret was that I wasn't not going to be able to eat my Mom's delicious sandwich "OK, the first stage we will see is the geology area!" he introduced us, walking into a place full of rocks... gigantic rocks "OK, who's gonna be the first brave volunteer?" He looked around us, as if he was going to choose someone. Before he could say anything, I raised my hand. Stupid hand! "Ah, we have a brave one! C'mon, Mason... Step into that rock" he pointed at a flat rock that was placed next to him. I stepped into it and, three seconds later, the rock began to shake and move under my feet. I was freaking out and my classmates were looking with shock, until the rock split into two, each of my feet in a piece.