Caleo - Mark Channing

"Hey, Mark!! You heard the news?!" My best friend Charlie, called me. I snapped my attention from the passing girls to him.

"Which news, Charlie?" I asked, bored, because, well, he pulled me out of my favorite activity: checking out girls. Guess I don't need introduction, but I will anyway: Mark Channing (girls actually believe I'm related to Channing Tatum, for some dumb reason I don't get, but I let them), bad boy resident of the east side of Manhattan. Not the Upper East Side. Those stuck up snobs are too unworthy of time, space and resources.

"'Member the dusty old shop we used to hang out in?" he started, gaining my total attention. That shop belonged to my grandfather and when he died, my mother (who cares nothing other than her boy toys and her drinks) couldn't afford it and abandoned it. When I was younger, my buddies and I used to hang in it all the time "Well, someone bought it and I heard will be remodeling starting next week!!" he explained, somehow, looking excited. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Why are you so excited about?" I questioned him.

"There was a note at the entrance. They're looking for help. And hiring!!" he said. I bolted up and ran to the shop where, like Charlie said, a paper was there:

Hello, fellow members of the East side!!

Just to let you know, my family and me bought this shop!

We'll be moving into the apartment above next weekend

and remodeling will start during the week.

If any of you are interesting, come here on Monday at 7am!!!

We'll be paying all those who come and get the job!!

Sincerely yours, Valdez Family.

I don't know why, but I felt a little of hope at the sight of that note. Like someone was actually worry in make a change around here and give people a second chance. I smiled to myself. Like Hell I was gonna lose that job.

~oOo~

When Monday came, I woke up at 5:30 to actually have time to get ready and make a good impression on this new family. I heard a few gossips around like, they were a couple with two kids. I heard that the father was Latino, but scrawny. I heard that the mother was too good for him. And, also, I heard some pretty disgusting things, that only thinking about them makes me sick.

Anyway, I showered, got dressed and had some breakfast before sprinting down the apartment and the stairs to meet up with Charlie.

"So, you really want that job?" he asked me. I nodded "Cool. Would be nice to actually have something to do after school" he said. I nodded again. Like me, Charlie comes from a messed up family. He's very private and I respect that. We walked to the old shop and got there with 10 minutes to spare. So, we waited. At 7 sharp, a woman walked down the stairs that lead to the upper apartment: she was in her mid twenties, her skin was toasted, like she lived in the beach. Her hair was like cinnamon, braided to the side and her eyes were brown. She looked around and saw us, waiting by the door.

"Hello" she greeted us. Even her voice sounded melodic, complementing her looks "Are you here to get the job?"

"Yes, ma'am" I agreed, pulling out my hand. She shook it "Mark Channing, and this is my friend, Charlie Brown" Charlie also took his hand out, waiting for a joke... that never came.

"Calypso Valdez. Follow me, boys" she introduced herself, walking into the shop. Everything was like I remembered it, except it was dusty and covered in cobwebs "A second... Valdez!! Get your butt over here!!" she shouted, making us flinch.