Thalico Anniversary/Percy's Birthday - Daniel Ruiz

Night 1

I wasn't afraid of what I was about to. I've done it thousands of times before.

I wasn't even afraid of what I was suppose to find out there. The trick was not to scare them away with sudden movements and breathing lower than normal.

Then, why the heck was I afraid of?

"Remember, Daniel" my boss, Nina, told me, when I was getting ready "Mostly in the group are kids, so I suggest you to be careful, OK?"

"No problem, Nina... You know how I get when I see kids in the groups" She nodded and left me alone to finish dressing. Not that I was in underwear or anything! When I was done, I got out to the bungalows and saw a very loud group of kids.

"And, what are we seeing?!" The voice of a girl filled my ears.

"Are we gonna have nightflashes?" A boy followed her.

"Are we gonna walk a lot?!"

"Why Mommy and Daddy are staying behind??"

"I don't wanna go!! There are monsters out there!!"

"Do we have to carry stuff?!"

"OK, everyone, SHUT UP!!" A teenage girl took the situation in charge. The kids were smart enough to know to shut up at her request "OK, I'll answer the question that I can, OK?" The kids nodded, while I watched them "First of all, your parents are resting, so they can be ready for tomorrow-"

"But, they're not doing all the excursions with us!" A blonde kid, frowned and crossed his arms in his chest.

"That's because they came here to do work, Thomas" the girl explained, raising an eyebrow "So did Nico and I" she pointed at the guy standing next to her. I couldn't take a good look at all of them, because they were so close to each other, they were hard to distinguish "Just because we're taking you into this first excursion, doesn't mean that your parents won't enjoy the rest of them"

"Besides, I thought you guys wanted to enjoy a night walk with the Ghost King" the guy next to her joked, making the kids chuckle as well. That's one ice breaker...

"When is the tour guide gonna come?" I took it as my cue to introduce myself, so I walked into them, pretending that I wasn't listening before.

"Hello! Are you the Jackson-Grace group?" I wondered and I looked down at all the people there.

The teenage girl couldn't be older than fifteen years. She was wearing silver camouflage clothes, with black combat boots and a T-shirt with the words 'Wearing dead animals makes YOU an animal'. I have to hand it to her, she was an activist. Her hair was black, short and spiky, like if she cut it herself. Adorning her hair, some kind of tiara in her forehead. Her skin was pale, with some freckles and light blue eyes. They are some kind of intimidating.

The boy (or, should I say man, because he doesn't look like a boy) was standing next to her, wearing black clothes. All black clothes. His hair was black and was slightly long, but not long enough to be consider slovenly. His skin was olive pale and his eyes were also black. He was also wearing a skull silver ring on his hand, that he twisted all the time. Watching them standing next to each other, they were total opposites.

"Yes, we're that group" the guy pulled out his hand and I shook it "I'm Nico and this is my cousin, Thalia. We're the adults in charge"

"Welcome to the Esteros!" I greeted them, formally "So, not to sound pushy, but I like to know the names of everyone I guide, so I can not lose anyone" I informed them. Quickly, the kids lined up in front of me.