Percy/Piper II - Jolene Tyler II

Riley's next game was in two months, which only led me to the belief that the coach was a repressed kid while young and now, he's taking out all his frustration and anger on the kids.

"Mom!!" I heard Riley shout for me, once the practice was over. I was kind of mortified, because I was stuck at work and I couldn't see the practice "What happened to you?" he hugged me, all sweaty and tired. Not that I minded a bit.

"I'm so sorry, honey..." I apologised, hugging him back "Work held me back and I was trying to get out there fast..." He shrugged, smiling.

"It's OK... It wasn't an actual game, right?" That's why I love my son. Well, one of the many things I love about him.

"True, but I should had been there..."

"Can we go to eat a cheeseburger? That would make it up!" he bargained with me, making me chuckle. But I nodded. I couldn't deny him anything that he wanted.

"You have a deal, sir" I pulled out my hand so he could shake it. Which he did.

"Can I call 'shotgun'?" he pushed his luck, trying the puppy eyes.

"Don't push your luck, Riley..." I admitted, taking him to the car.

~oOo~

"Luke's been saying his Dad should coach us next game" Riley told me, when we where eating the cheeseburger "That we can actually have some fun..."

"Did he offered himself?" Riley nodded, eating a fry "Then, I don't see a problem... As long as he doesn't yell at you..." Riley shook his head, frantically.

"Remember that time that Coach hot sick and one Dad coached us?"

"What does that have to do with it?" I wondered. Maybe, that guy knew Luke's Dad...

"That was Luke's Dad" I gasped at the surprise. I remembered a guy who took over the coach spot for the day... I didn't pay him much attention that day, but how could I forget the way he treated the kids. Actually, he was one more kid!

"Oh..." I gasped, before chuckling "Then, I have nothing to worry about, am I right?" I raised an eyebrow at him, as if I was questioning him.

"Nothing to worry, Mom"

~oOo~

"Riley..." I called my son the day of his important game. He has been improving so much his tactics that I was sure that the coach was gonna place him as attacker.

"Bathroom!" I was surprised to hear that, but I walked towards it, nevertheless "I'm not feeling good, Mom..." I rushed to his side, feeling his temperature under my fingers.

"You don't have fever... What are you feeling?" I asked, concern.

"My tummy rumbles and I feel sick... I can't play!" he complained, tears ready to come out. I relaxed when I heard him say that.

"Oh, honey... You can play" I announced to him, gaining a confused look in reply

"But, I'm sick..." he argued, but I shook my head "Then...?"

"Riley, honey... You're nervous. That's why you think you're sick" He stared at me, not understanding "That rumbles in your tummy are nervous jitters... You'll be fine..." I replied.

"Then, I can play?" I nodded at him and he instantly smiled at me "I can play!! I can play!!" he chanted, happy. I chuckled at his behaviour "Mom, c'mon! We're gonna be late!!" he rushed me, grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs. I chuckled all the way while grabbing his already prepared bag and we headed to the field.