Frazel - Jacob Lang

"So, your job is really simple" my new boss, Ms. Silver. She was really strict the first ten minutes I met her and she already made me crept out. She was this woman with auburn hair and she looked like she didn't trust men. Or maybe she was just impress that a just graduate from SFU in Teaching would choose as a job a daycare. Guess I'm missing something. Hi! My name is Jacob Lang. Like I said, I'm a fresh graduate from San Fransisco University. My area of expertise? Teaching. I wanted to break that stupid un stablished and unspoken rule about women being the only ones in charge of the kids' education "You have to look after the kids above 5 during the morning and after every single kids while their parents had not arrived, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am. Loud and clear" I agreed with her. She nodded at me and guided me to a classroom, where the kindergardeners were waiting for me. She made me a gesture to 'get in'. I didn't wasted a second, wanting to impress her "Hello, kids!" As soon as I walked in, everyone stopped playing and chatting and stuff "My name is Mr. Lang and I'm gonna be looking after you while you're here!" I tried to explain to them. Boy, was gonna be a long day...

~oOo~

By the time lunchtime arrived, I was exhausted!! Those kids are handful!! Anyway, I sat behind my desk and pulled my lunch out, watching the kids to do the same, except for one girl: she had cinnamon skin, a mane of long black raven curls and, her most eyes goldish brown. Really unique. She was not only fidgeting in her place, but also away from the other kids. Like, alone. I sighed and walked to her, kneeling to her hight.

"Hey, there, sweetheart" I greeted her, softly. She turned to me and I noticed she was playing with some stones in her hands "What are you playing with?" I asked, curious. She hid her stones, not letting me see them.

"Um, Daddy gave them to me" she replied, softly. I nodded at her "Before he left"

"So, you live with your Mommy? I bet she did your lunch..." I said, trying to distract her. I learn that the kids that comes from mess families are more difficult to reach, so I decided to make her comfortable around me.

"Mine and Lee's" That seemed to work, cause she was smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Who's Lee?" I asked. She giggled at me. Please, not be an imaginary friend...

"My older brother" I released a sigh I didn't know I was holding. I nodded at her and she pulled her lunch out, while I walked back to my desk and my lunch.

~oOo~

When the last bell rang, I formed the kids and took them to the door, where their parents came to pick them up. I got a lot of flirtatious smiles from the divorced mothers. I smiled politely as reply, focusing on the kids. The only one who wasn't pick up was the girl I talked during lunch. But she didn't seem to be upset. She was sat in a corner, playing with her stones in her hands. Around, other kids that weren't picked up were playing around. Even some from Elementary School joined the ones from Daycare. So, to check them all from a vast view, I decided to sit next to my student.

"Hello, again!" I greeted her, sitting down. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Hello, Mr. Lang!" she greeted me.

"You know, I have the feeling I know you name, but slipped out of my mind..." I played with her. She looked at me with round eyes, not believing me "It was Lara?" She shook her head "Um, Melanie?" Another shook "I know! Bianca!" She giggled at me.

"That's my cousin's name!!" she corrected me, chuckling. I gasped and shook my head.

"Looks like your name did slip out of my mind..." I recognized. She opened her mouth, probably to answer me, but she never had the chance.