s e v e n t e e n

17 • START: JOB

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV:

When the two of us entered the room, everyone was seated and all eyes were on us. Everyone in the room were dressed so formally that I wonder if my casual attire was alright, but Baekhyun was wearing some casual clothes and so is aunt Yena and mister Sunggyu, so I guess I'm fine. Everyone looked so serious that I thought my soul left my body the moment I stepped in the room, plus their piercing eyes, well, except for aunt Yena who was throwing me a bright smile.

"Come, sit here," Baekhyun said and patted the seat to his right, while the one occupying the seat on his left is aunt Yena.

"Okay, let's get started," the one seated by the head of the table stated.

The meeting have started right after that person spoke and it went on about Baekhyun's current and future project that they assume would be such a hit since he got many fans, well, mostly female fans. They also talked about new and targeted sponsors and other important events that Baekhyun must attend to so that they wouldn't cut ties with their company.

"And before I forget," mister Sunggyu, Baekhyun's old manager and the one mentoring aunt Yena, said and stood up from his seat. "I would like to introduce Mrs. Yena's assistant, and I see that you already met with her Baek-ssi, miss Kim Taeyeon," he added and gestured me to stand up and introduce myself to the others.

"Good morning, everyone," I started. "I am Kim Taeyeon from Platinum Seoul University. I will be Mrs. Choi Yena's temporary assistant until she finally gets used to her work. Please take of me." I stated, and finally sat down, which made the others release a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness, I thought you were his girlfriend," a lady in dark purple attire said. "I mean, imagine if we were to publicize their relationship after a while, imagine the chaos it would be. Many fans would leave!" she added when she realized that all the attention were on her.

"Ah, that wouldn't happen. I wouldn't even dare," I smiled and reassured the lady.

"I wouldn't even like her," Baekhyun suddenly stated, his smile being something I don't even know. He looked uncomfortable and that bright smiled looked... a little fake-ish.

But, eh.

"See?" I added while keeping a smile on my face, even though what he told me kinda struck my heart and it somehow slightly, I don't know, hurt?

He could've just kept it to himself instead of making it sound and look as if I'm not even worthy of being someone else's girlfriend, or something like that, or--actually, nevermind. Why am I even thinking like this?

Everyone brought up a smile to their faces while I awkwardly sat there, thinking if I would actually get along with the others here.

Stay strong, Kim Taeyeon, this wouldn't seem too long if you just let time pass by itself. Right, I'm not gonna look at my watch anymore, or even the time in my phone.

I was so drowned in my own thoughts that I was a little startled when Baekhyun tapped me by my shoulders.

"What is it?" I frantically, and also quite loudly, asked him. "What do you need?" I asked once again after gathering myself and gaining my composture.

"A very competent assistant, I see," Baekhyun said and chuckled afterwards. "I was gonna ask what time it is." he said, and the moment he finished his phrase, I almost immediately looked at my watch.