n i n e

09 • NOTEPAD

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV

As me, Chanyeol, and Wooyoung continued to look for school supplies they needed, Wooyoung, or should I call her Yoon, is slowly getting noticed by her fans even with the mask she wore.

Yoon awkwardly signalled us to exit the bookstore before walking far away to where her fans can't see her. Chanyeol hasn't even bought his paper yet.

"Let's go to the bookstore I often go," Chanyeol suggested and lead the way enthusiastically. "They don't have much customers but their school supplies are, well, high quality?" Chanyeol added, still leading us to wherever this bookstore was.

We rode the escalator three times before finally arriving to the floor where it's located, obviously on the fourth floor.

Chanyeol continued to walk and noticed that some people actually realized that it was Yoon who are with us, and he fastened his pace before seeing a huge wooden door.

Chanyeol opened the door, that look heavy, and let Yoon enter the store first, tapping me by the shoulder to enter after her, and him as the last.

He was right, there were only few people inside but they looked surprised that Yoon was with us. Yoon signalled everyone to keep quiet and just continue what they were doing earlier.

"You two go look for the things you need, I'll just randomly look here." I said and let Chanyeol and Yoon wander to wherever they wanted to, although I saw them part ways after walking a few feet away from me.

The store wasn't that spacious, but maybe because there were a lot of shelves on the other half of the room, and the other half were for school supplies placed neatly in a pile, which are also placed in some cute shelves.

I walked on the nearest aisle and immediately saw some books, obviously, most of them are romantic novels, but a certain book caught my eye.

• • •

CHANYEOL'S POV

This young lady here, Yoon, and I separated ways to look for the things we needed on our own. I went to where the papers were, and she walked towards where the notebooks and fillers are located.

The distance between us is not that far, actually. We were just few steps away from each other so she could just ask me anything, if she wants to.

I was looking for some composition papers that matched the layout or, I don't know, design of the paper I used when my eyes caught a glimpse of some music papers.

I stared at it for a while and was contemplating of whether I should get some or not since I only came to buy, well, composition papers.

And I ended up picking the ten sheets of music papers.

I felt satisfied and started walking towards where Yoon was to ask whether she's done picking or not when I saw a pretty familiar looking notepad.

It was medium-sized and had a black cover with 'notepad' written on it in lower case letters. I was about to pick it up when a hand grabbed it first.

"This look so familiar," Yoon stated, scanning the notepad. "I probably used a notepad with a similar design back then, so eh, I'm gonna get this one." she added and placed it on top of the notebooks and fillers she chose.

"Of all the notepads here, you chose that?" I asked, pointing at the notepad I was looking at earlier while raising my eyebrow. "There are more designs you can choo-"

"I like this. I'll take it." Yoon said flatly, and a little coldly, before turning around and looking for more school supplies that she needed. "Anyways, do you know where they placed the highlighters? I cannot find any back there." she added and kept on looking for, I suppose, highlighters.

"What? They are usually placed near the pens and ballpens," I said, confused, and went to where the pens are while taking her with me. "Oh, I think they ran out of stock. Some highschool students really love their highlighters and bought dozens of them." I said after realizing that there really are no highlighters where they usually are.

I saw Yoon pout, even just for a while, before finally composing herself. She released a sigh before saying, "It's okay. I'll just come back here next time."

I looked at her and chuckled. She just looked at me as if asking what was funny through the look in her eyes. I shrugged and led her towards the cashier when she turned to a shelf where the sketchpads were placed.

She seemed to scan the whole shelf of sketchpads of different lengths and widths before crouching down and trying to get a hold of a pretty large sketchpad but her notebooks were slipping off her arm. I crouched down and reached for the sketchpad she wanted and stood up.

"Do you still need something?" I asked the moment she stood up, looking down a little at her since she's a little shorter than me. Or shorter than me.

"Uhh, no. And thank you." Yoon said and was about to grab the sketchpad when I started walking away from her and to the cashier.

I placed my papers down as did Yoon. I carefully slipped her sketchpad under the notebooks before paying for mine.

I waited for her to pay before scanning the whole room to look for Taengoo-noona, but I never saw her.

"Let's go, maybe Taengoo-noona's outside." I said and went to the door to open it for Yoon since she has more things than me, before going out myself.

"Oh, you're done." I heard Taengoo-noona said. She was walking our way with foods in both hands. "I bought some bread, you might be a little hungry although we just ate a little while ago." She added and gave us both a bun.

Taengoo-noona started walking to a nearby bench beside a small fountain, that was actually located at the middle of this floor since it's like a resting place, before grabbing her groceries in hand.

Wait, groceries?

"I bought some food for me, myself, and I quickly after scanning some shelves and buying a novel. I just bought some instant noodles, some more bread, some tea and made it quick." Taengoo-noona answered as if she read my mind.

"You should've told us! I got a little scared when I did not saw you around." I said, whining... slightly.

"Sorry, giant baby." Taengoo-noona said before laughing, followed by Yoon's chuckle. "Anyways, let's go." Noona added before walking towards the escalator followed by me and Yoon.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

siijaye's note: 101619

once again, a chapter i'm quite disappointed with. but i hope you liked it even just a little bit!

thanks for reading and have a lovely day! do suggest this story to your friends, lol, i need some feedbacks and more inspirations to write~

also, rest in peace, choi jinri a.k.a. sulli :< you'll always be my very first idol, goddess, and queen.

imsorryimactuallysleepywheniwaswritingthjs.

last update for this month because hell week is coming up!