e l e v e n

11 • STAY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV

After coming back to real life after a few seconds of getting really baffled about this situation, I finally managed to tell a reply, a stupid one at that.

"I'm sorry?" I said, still wearing the same baffled expression I had ever since the rich-looking, sophisticated lady pointed at me for wanting me to be her daughter's roommate.

"Let's talk inside, shall we?" the administrator said and invited me inside, followed by the rich lady.

Noticing that the woman followed us inside, Miss Ping turned around and asked before sitting down, "Don't you have a meeting to attend, Miss Oh?"

"Oh dear, I can spare a few more minutes and possibly enlighten this young lady here if she has some more confusion about the matter." she said and sat down beside me, facing the admin.

"You are Kim Taeyeon, right?" Miss Ping asked and checked at the files by the side of her table. "But before that, what are you here for?" Miss Ping asked, still looking for some files of some sort from her expandable envelope.

"I was actually here to ask if there's still a room available in the dormitory..." I said, dragging my words a little at the end because I'm still a bit confused.

Yes, that's me. I'm confuse.

"Perfect, then!" the rich lady beamed, clapping her hands in joy. "You really can be my daughter's roommate!" she added and looked at me with pure happiness in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but do I know who your daughter is?" I asked, earning a baffled expression from the rich lady.

"You mean, you don't know me? The mother of one of the rising actresses in the industry? Oh Wooyoung? Yoon?" she asked, hoping to hear a positive answer.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I don't watch the T.V. that often so I probably missed it," I responded, earning a small smile from the lady. "But I do know Yoon, since last week, I accompanied her to buy her school supplies." I added, the rich lady's smile finally widening once again, making her look way more ethereal.

No wonder Yoon was that beautiful.

"But," I started talking once again. "Why me?" I asked Yoon's mom, her smiling even more.

"I heard a lot of good things about you from my daugter, and she seems very fond of you, too," Miss Oh stated and had a dreamy look. "So I wondered, why not, right?"

"Um, so, I don't know how to say this," I stuttered, finding the right words to tell this rich lady who was looking all hopeful and happy. "But, like, I need to know the fee I need to pay." I finally managed to say,

"I already paid for it," the rich lady straightly, and innocently, stated, making me gasp quietly as I seriously cannot believe what the woman just told me. "And now, all you need to do is take care of my daughter for me. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, okay?" the lady added. I was sent into deep thought. The offer was nice, actually, it was like a deal. It is a deal. I take care of her daughter, and I get to live with Yoon without thinking about the expenses.

I can't say no. I know I can't even if I wanted to. Cause first of all, the lady already paid for the bills, and it will be such a waste to decline. Second, the look she gives me is full of hope that I say 'yes.'

"Alright, Mrs. Oh," I replied, making Mrs. Oh grin from ear-to-ear. I guess I really just have to do this, and Yoon isn't a bad kid after all, to be honest, I like her. She looks so pure. "I'll take care of Yoon no matter what." I added which made her smile even more.

"Then it's settled." Miss Ping stated and handed me the papers and discussed what's needed to be discussed.

• • •

I went straightly to the caféteria after signing all the papers that needed to be signed and munched on the cheese burger I was craving just a few seconds ago.

And now, I don't.

Byun Baekhyun walked inside with his hands inside his pants' pockets and was looking really troubled as he searched the whole caféteria. His eyes landing on me some seconds after.

He fastened his pace and almost jogged to my table, sitting the moment he reached here.

"Kim Taeyeon," Baekhyun said. His voice was low and a whisper, and he was trying so hard to hide his face in front of the people by the counter. If I remember correctly, they actually literally threw themselves at him the other time he went alone here. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Please get out of here, Mister Byun Baekhyun." I said, continuing to eat the burger I ordered although I feel so full. Scratch that, I lost my appetite, and I don't even know why. I was just really, really craving for this while I was signing the papers earlier. And now I don't. "I don't want any commotion like the one earlier." I added and started preparing my things for third and last class of the day.

Oh, I skipped the second subject, they used the time period to shoot the film, too.

"Did it hurt?" Byun Baekhyun asked, not minding if I'm about to stand up of my seat. Call me disrespectful, especially to someone older than me, but the irritation I felt earlier came back the moment I saw him enter the caféteria.

"It did not." I said and proceeded to stand up and walk away from him. I really dislike the attention given to me, what happened in the morning in particular.

I really don't care what they say or think of me anymore. People would always judge and be judged. I needed to get used to it. I have. I had. And now, I'm not.

They tell things from every move they see from me. And all I wanted was a quiet life in my senior year in college. Just what happened to everyone for them to notice what I do?

I really don't care, because I let them judge me, because that's how human lives. To judge people.

But it still hurts you know.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

siijaye's note : 120819

guys, we ranked first(#1) in the category 'baekyeon'! so here's an extra update for all of u, uwu

i feel so touched and happy ❤ omg, i never expected this story to rank that way, i'm contented that i can show everyone what i wanted to write :>

anyways, i hope i can keep this up! i'll work my hardest!

have a good day my loveliiies 😙