A family?(Burzek)

So this one shot is going to start from where Kim finds out she is pregnant and continues from there. Hope you all enjoy.
————
"Is something wrong?"Kim asked as the doctor had a look on her face.
"I ran a standard blood panel. No infections, nothing to worry about."The doctor assured her.
"Oh, okay. I was, like, worried."Kim chuckled before the doctor went on.
But due to your elevated levels of beta HCG, you should be more careful on the job.
"Elevated H-B-what?"Kim questioned as she was lost.
"It means you're pregnant. Probably around four weeks."The doctor told her. A million thoughts were in Burgess's head. How? When did this happen? And who the daddy was? She already had a feeling who it was.
————
Adam knew something happened while she was at Med. Why would she be acting so weird?
"Hey."Adam said as he walked up to Kim's desk, where she was currently looking at a file.
"Hey."She said not even looking up at him.
"Is everything alright darling?"He asked.
"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"Kim said giving him I'm fine look. He just nodded and walked back to his desk.
————
"Kim, Adam bring this guy in."Voight tells them before they live the station.
'You have to tell sometime,'Kim told herself before they knocked on this guy's door.
"Adam,I lied to you."Kim says which makes Adam curious.
"I'm four weeks pregnant. It's your baby."Kim blurts out which Adam has a weird reaction.
"Huh."He said.
"Is this when we went home after the infection?"Kim nodded and hugged Adam before someone came to the door and noise was made.
————
"Kim, you in here?"Adam called out as he knocked on the locker room door.
"Yeah."She answered as she snapped out of her thoughts.
"Oh, that was a tough day, you know?"Adam says, tying to lighten the mood in the locker room.
"Yeah, it's a bit of a tough day."Kim agreed.
"I don't want you to be alone in all of this."Adams says.
"I think you should let me drive you to the appointment."Adam tells her.
"Yeah, that's not necessary."Kim said.
"I know that you're a strong independent woman and all that, but I care about you, and I want to be there for you."Adam explains to her.
"Having this baby would be so hard, Adam."Kim says.
"I'm not trying to influence you either way."Adam tells her.
"Yeah, let me finish then. Maybe it's selfish of me, with this job and being single, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to be a mom."Kim states before she continues.
"And I don't want to make a decision I might regret."Kim adds on.
"Okay, what does that mean?"Adam asks.
"I don't know what it means. Other than I cancelled the appointment."Kim tells him.
"Okay. All right."Adam says before he exhales slowly as he sits next to her in he locker room.
"It'll be okay."The both sigh and look at each other assuring each other it's going to be fine.
————
A week later Kim had her first ultrasound appointment. She was still worried about how it was going to work with her and Adam and now dealing with the baby. She met up with Ruzek at the cafe wanting to tell him how the baby went.
"You went to the doctor? Alone?" Adam asks as he takes a seat on the opposite side of her.
"Yeah. Sorry, I wanted to go alone, I'm sorry."Kim says.
"It's okay. Can I see?"Adam tells her.
" Yeah."Kim hands him the picture.
"No, it's just I don't know."Adam says surprised at the ultrasound.
"You know everybody always says that these things are just like fuzzy clouds, that you can't make anything out, but that's definitely our baby."Kim says.
"Yeah."Adam agreed.
"I heard the heartbeat."Kim says.
"Really?" Adam questioned.'"
"Yeah. Like, I'm really having a baby."Kim exclaims.
"Yeah. You know at some point we're gonna have to talk about how this is all gonna work. You know, what it's gonna mean for us, - what it'll look like."Adam tells her as they walk out of the restaurant.
"I know."Kim agrees.
"When we were together, you know, we always said that we would, whoa."Adam says as they see a store broken into interrupting what he was going to say.
The unit had meet them at the scene where they had split off and Atwater went with Burgess.
'How'd you end up catching this with Ruz?"Kevin asked before Kim quickly answered.
"I had a doctor's appointment, and I'm pregnant."Kim answered.
"You're pregnant?" Kevin questioned surprisingly.
"Yeah."Kim stating the obvious.
"Cause of Adam?"He asked once again.
"Oh, yeah."Kim said before they left off to the district.
————
After everything that happened today, Adam realized he had to do anything to make sure Kim and the baby was safe. Even if they meant killing the suspect who could;be shot Kim. But if he was going to protect her, he knew he had to propose. I mean after everything, it seemed right.
"What's going on?"Kim questioned
"Nothing, just wanna talk."Adam said.
"About?"Kim questioned.
'Everything."Adam answered.
"I was hoping for something a little more specific."Kim said.
"I've been thinking about things."Adam stated.
"Okay."Kim said.
"About Thinking about, uh, you know what we talked about, you and me, the baby."Adam explained.
"Okay."She said before he continued.
"Um I think maybe we should get married."Adam blurted out.
"Married?"Kim questioned his statement.
"Yeah, married, like for real married. I mean, I know I screwed up last time But things are different now.I'm different now."Adam told her.
'So, married, yeah."Kim said still confused.
"Yeah.'Adam said before he added, "You have any thoughts on this? 'Cause I'm just kind of standing here."
"I think it's a really bad idea."Kim answered.
"Sorry.I didn't mean to be so honest."Adam says.
"It's all right."Kim tells him.
"No, it's just come on."Adam sighed.
"I don't wanna get married right now, and you don't either. You're just scared, you're trying to do the right thing."Kim explains to him.
"Yeah, I'm definitely trying to do the right thing, and I keep failing. It's just like I don't know what to do, Kim, I'm just trying to be a good guy."Adam tells Burgess.
"Yeah, I know. You are a good guy. Come on. That's why I love you. But we are different, and we're not meant to be together. Not now, not as husband and wife anywayBut we're meant to be family, right?"Kim tells him before she states, "It may not be perfect, or what either one of us imagined a long time ago.But from now on, no matter what, we'll be in it together, okay?"
————
Hoped you guys like this one-shot. I'm taking requests if you have any.